A Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, education, or other related discipline is required. A Masters degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or other related discipline is preferred. Experience should be demonstrated by 3 years experience in the field of higher education at a professional level in the areas of instructional design, instructional technology, or a closely related field is highly preferred. Two to three years of online teaching experience at the higher education level is preferred. It is helpful to have experience and certification in professional course evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of online instructional design, adult learning, andragogy, and distance learning best practices is expected.
- The successful candidate will use Web 2.0, social networking, and media editing tools on a regular basis.
- Skills with HTML coding, basic photo and video editing, screen capture applications are a plus.
- The position requires the ability to incorporate best practices from the field of online education into standard operations.
- This position requires high level organizational skills, and the ability to learn, adjust, and respond in a dynamic, fast paced, and constantly changing environment.
- Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal skills and ability to deal with multiple constituencies.
- The individual must be service oriented, be able to build rapport with faculty and staff, and deal with competing demands.
- This candidate needs to be able to work collaboratively with the team and other departments.