The Donor Relations Manager specializes in the cultivation, solicitation, and maintenance of individual donors via Direct Mail, and all unsolicited individual donors who contribute via Matching Gifts Programs, Tributes, Newsletter, or Special Events (in coordination with the Special Events Manager). Overarching goal is to advance levels of giving to Major Gifts, Silent Partners, and Planned Giving donors that are managed by the Director of Advancement and Communications.
* Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree.
* Prior experience with Direct Mail required (minimum of 2 years).
* Prior experience with individuals with disabilities preferred.
* Current Illinois driver's license w/clear MVR.
* Good command of written and verbal English; second language a plus.
* Eligible for coverage by agency automotive insurance carrier.
* Must be able to use a computer to work with software applications at an intermediate performance level:
- Word processing including mail merge processes, spreadsheet software, form completion, accessing and responding to e-mail efficiently, and the
* use of Outlook and/or Gmail organizational tools.
* Sertoma Centre provides service to "at risk populations" funded primarily by the State of Illinois. As such, the agency is subject to compliance with the Healthcare Worker Background Check Act, hereafter referred to as the Act. Consequently, all employees are subject to employment eligibility conditions set forth in the Act, both now and in the future.
* Independently manage the development of all appeal letters and brochures in collaboration with the Public Relations Manager.
* Maintain all aspects of Direct Mail solicitations, including but not limited to appeal design. Complete timely review and initial approval of all associated costs and submit to the Director of Advancement and Communications for final approval.
* Cultivation of and communication with all individual non-major gift donors to increase level of giving, involvement, and eventual advancement in giving to the Major Gift category.
* Work in concert with the Special Events Manager on all revenue producing events, with special concentration on promotion of individual giving. This includes attendance and assistance at such events and requires flexibility in work schedule to include evening and weekend scheduling.
* Completion of monthly reporting in a timely manner.
Additional Job Responsibilities
* Ability to work with individuals inside and outside of the organization on a variety of levels and in a highly professional manner.
* Respond to donor inquiries and/or complaints within 24 hours of receipt.
* Keep accurate records of all Direct Mail Appeals and provide timely analysis on gift giving and related activities.
* Manage all mailing lists for accuracy.
* Actively practice concepts established in safety training, policies, and procedures to promote a safe, clean working environment.
* Report and assist in investigations of work related injuries and illness in a timely manner and in compliance with established agency policy and procedure.
* Actively assure the safety of consumers, employees, and visitors by identifying hazardous conditions and/or at risk behaviors and intervening to correct potential risks.
* Attend all assigned training sessions, notifying supervisor of needed schedule changes to accommodate training date/time.
* Maintain current status on all certifications. Monitor training history and schedule retraining for completion prior to certification expiration dates.
Policy, Procedures, and Regulations
* Maintain knowledge and adherence to all department and agency policies and procedures.
* Must stay current on policies contained in the Employee Handbook.