| Summary of Major Responsibilities The primary responsibility of the Data Analyst is to provide advanced data collection and analytical support to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. This position, under the leadership of the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, will expand the Institutional Effectiveness Program and create a matrix of organizational measures (including but not limited to enrollment, admissions and competencies). This individual, through collaborating with Department of Information Technology and functional administrative and academic programs, will be responsible for data collection, mining, validation, organization and will perform data analysis, report preparation and dissemination of information . The individual will act as project lead and track documentation of improvement projects implemented. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Directly collect data from primary or secondary sources to build and maintain dashboards, data maps, spreadsheets, databases or data systems for collection, updating and disseminating data and reports. (25%)
2) Identify and recognize trends and patterns of inconsistencies in the data. Complete an initial analysis on the quality of the data and provide report of the results of analysis and proposed resolution to ensure the quality of the data. Once data is clean,apply statistical analyses to data, as needed, and provides report of outcomes. (30%)
3) Be responsible for logging, mapping and tracking improvement projects as assigned. Participate as project team member or co-lead as assigned. (5%)
4) Collect data for and participate in development and documentation of required external reports to accrediting and certifying agencies assigned to the Office of IE. (10%)
5) Review reports from other sources and examine how the data was calculated -- seeking the best solution to represent the desired outcome, filter and clean the data for finalization of data entry. (5%)
6) Independently consult with data stakeholders across the organization to identify data requirements and reporting needs. Work with Director to create systems to meet those reporting needs.(5%)
7) Collaborate, educate and communicate with individuals and teams regarding data collection, data integrity, data quality, and statistical analysis. (5%)
8) Assist in the development of Director's reports and maintains dissemination of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, charts, presentations, visualizations, dashboards and briefings, including but not limited to updates to the intranet IE pages, Strategic Map reporting, NEASC data and IE Fact Sheet. (5%)
9) Ensure the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis. Responsible for IE Office data security and maintenance. (5%)
10) Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. (5%)
Part-time Graduate Assistant
Normal office conditions. Work is performed in a standard office environment subject to prolonged periods of sitting and manipulation of computer keyboard and associated peripherals/mouse. Communicates with students, staff, faculty and administration, verbally or in writing. There is some on and off campus walking for meetings and could involve travel to local meetings
Education and Experience Qualifications Required:
· Bachelor's degree in business, education, or related field
· At least 2 years of experience in data management and projects in education, healthcare, IT and/or demonstrated success within a position which is comparable in knowledge, skills and abilities
· Master's in Higher Education, Statistics or equivalent (examples include: MS, MSc, MRes, MEd,, MA in education)
· Additional certification (examples include but are not limited to: Certified Healthcare Data Analyst, Certified Analytics Professional, Data Analysis Certification, Green Belt Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma Certification) OR equivalent documentation of experience/skill (e.g. employer specific certifications/training)
a) Administrative Skills -
a. Strong organizational skills in managing processes, data and reports.
b. Ability to work in a data-driven, cross-functional, diverse environment.
c. High level of attention to detail and accuracy of data and data entry.
d. Motivated self-starter, who is willing to learn new skills and enjoy opportunities to expand one's talents and expertise.
e. Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
f. Ability to be proactive and shift priorities as projects and/or timelines demand.
g. Take personal accountability for own actions, and is readily adaptable to changing priorities and needs within the department. In addition, suggests consistent improvements and streamlines tasks and approaches to data and/or problems.
b) Technical Skills -
a. Computer literate in Microsoft Office, especially skilled in Excel and Access.
b. Understands and applies of advance statistical analysis
c. Basic Project Management skills
d. Visual design sense regarding clear and accurate presentation of data.
e. Familiar with standard office equipment, such as but not limited to: fax, copiers, phone system.
f. Can handle prolonged use of computer and other electronic devices to research, write and document data and/or work projects.
g. Quick learner of software programs. Familiarity with any of the following a plus: D2L, Peoplesoft, Adaptive, Ellucion Colleague (formerly Datatel) or similar software programs used in education.
c) Physical Capabilities - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and be mobile; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and communicate orally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Some travel is necessary in this position.
MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.