Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST1131
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an IST Analyst II (Infrastructure Security) for the Office of Information Technology. The IST Analyst II will provide support for the installation and maintenance of the Network Access Control System, switching and routing environment, including upgrade of legacy equipment, configurations and modifications to existing infrastructure in a 24×7×365 environment.
- Develops documentation, formulates and applies policies and procedures as related to the position.
- Performs technical resource planning and support.
- Maintains network security equipment in support of security policies; monitors network traffic and correlate system logs to identify potential system breaches or security exploits.
- Perform system tuning, monitoring and trend analysis; develops and manages project plans.
- Assists in or manages the installation of software and/or hardware components keeping security best practices in the forefront; understands and follows industry technology trends.
- Interacts with users and other technical areas to gather requirements and compile data.
- Acts as liaison between OIT and other Rutgers technical communities.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
Cisco and/or Juniper Certification is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of networking, security, distributed computing environments and an understanding of integrated communications concepts. Must have a working knowledge of Routing protocols, S2S/RA VPN, ACLs, NAT, VLANs, ACS and technologies used to implement and maintain network security in a large environment.
Knowledgeable in network access control (NAC) systems, incident response techniques, intrusion prevention systems, information security methodologies, and authentication protocols.
Working experience in a LAN/WAN environment. Knowledge and experience in configuring, maintaining and monitoring network security equipment. Good understanding of network services and security. Experience in enforcing server security standards and best practices.
Ability to develop and manage project work plans. Excellent oral and written communications skills and interpersonal skills. Must be team-oriented and able to work closely with other supporting organizations.
Department: Office Information Technology