To be considered for this position, candidates are required to include a cover letter specifying their interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
Salary: Full-time equivalent rate of $29,000 annually. Under FLSA, incumbents in this position are nonexempt.
Assist in the training of central processing staff to enter and process 55,000+ freshman and 5,000 transfer/cross campus applications and evaluate/post transfer credit. Establish and maintain training processes and procedure manuals.
Under the general supervision of a Processing Senior Supervisor.
- Perform general data control, document management and clerical functions relative to undergraduate admissions with 95% accuracy using multiple document formats and M-Pathways student module information system, Perceptive Content system and workflows.
- Code, interpret and enter moderately complex data for prospective applicants.
- Make decisions related to the appropriate routing of materials and relative information requiring consideration of multiple variables.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from staff, students and applicants.
- Provide general clerical support to other processing areas.
- Provide interpretive information to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions staff and serve as an information resource for M-Pathways coding and processing. Report any problems occurring that involve assignments, materials, and procedures; submit ITS Helpdesk tickets as necessary. Serve as a staff member for responding to student inquiries through RightNow, department emails accounts, hardcopy or the lockbox system and/or provide background information to appropriate staff as requested.
- Provide support for posting credits and entering freshmen/transfer application data into M-Pathways.
- Assist in the development and revision of unit processes and procedures in response to technological or organizational changes and enhancements.
Associates degree, equivalent hours or better. Final candidate must earn a math score of at least 70% and demonstrate data entry experience with 40-45 wpm accurate keyboarding skills. Familiarity/experience with using Windows-based computer programs; proficient and comfortable with working independently on computers and with a variety of applications. Strong working knowledge of spreadsheets and querying software. Demonstrated maturity and ability to make decisions regarding handling procedures for applications and related materials; ability to work independently and to interact with administrative staff, managers, students, parents and other internal and external customers. Reliable and detail oriented. Ability to routinely move 20 lbs.
Bachelor's degree, equivalent hours or better in a business or education related field. UM M-Pathways experience with the CSPROD student module, Business Objects, PeopleSoft querying software, Perceptive Content system and workflows. Some knowledge or familiarity with MS Access program. Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.