The Phlebotomist/Research Assistant will provide phlebotomy, processing, and research assistant services for a Phase II clinical research study involving administration of a DEA Schedule I drug and alcohol. This individual will be responsible for maintaining freezer storage of research samples, shipping, and perform other research activities as needed including study phone screening, scheduling, scanning data questionnaires, and study protocol implementation (computer-tasks and research interviews).
- Certificate of completion in Phlebotomy or successful completion of a phlebotomy course as part of an Associate or Bachelor degree program such as nursing, CNA or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Biology, or related field is required
- One (1+) year of direct phlebotomy experience and demonstrated proficiency in the phlebotomy field preferred. Must be competent in phlebotomy skills/competency checklist by end of introductory period
- Experience and proficiency with insertion/use of peripheral intravenous devices/catheters for blood sampling in research studies preferred
- Six (6) months+ of blood specimen processing experience preferred
- At least 1 year of related work experience in a research laboratory setting preferred.
- Experience in administering EKGs preferred but not required
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, excellent organization, attention to detail, maturity, and responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately, take initiative and maintain organized working conditions required
- Knowledge of aseptic technique and Universal Precautions required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages and volume.
- Knowledge of experimental research methodology and clinical research procedures necessary.
- Proficiency of computer applications, including word processing and data management required.
- Must be able to work late afternoons or evenings during work week when necessary.
Long-term commitment (at least 1+ year) required. â??
Background Check: Criminal and educational
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-11-08:00
Job Posting Title:Phlebotomist/Research Assistant
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.