NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Epic Orders Analyst.
This position is responsible for achieving an in-depth knowledge of assigned Epic System software. This position conducts regular day-to-day communication, reviews software, analyzes clinical operations, and works with Epic, the Project Team(s), NYULMC Clinical Representatives/Subject Matter Experts, and end users to tailor the system to fit the organizations needs. This position routinely performs in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of Epic software; is responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with Epic applications; and will design, build, test, install and maintain those solutions.
- Participate in disaster recovery measures.
- Actively participate and contribute in meetings as assigned.
- Assist with all quality assurance processes, including change management and testing efforts.
- Provide assigned on-site support during go-lives and system upgrades.
- Develop an understanding of interface requirements and testing.
- Analyze new functionality in new releases to identify impact.
- Communicate effectively across all impacted teams associated with task assignments.
- Support the training team by keeping trainers abreast of new functionality and system changes.
- Analyze data conversion needs.
- With support, create, review, and update test scripts to reflect proposed workflow solutions.
- Review and test changes, enhancements, and each new release as assigned.
- Troubleshoot problems and address questions from users, and provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues to achieve the completion of tasks.
- Collaborate effectively with Epic using Sherlock or other appropriate tools.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner with accurate documentation.
- Awareness of patient safety factors into the clinical design.
- Work with Application Managers/Directors/etc. and the entire Project Team, to collect, analyze and document clinical operations and workflow.
- Must have a BA/BS Degree and two years of relevant experience.
- Effective oral, written communication and follow-up skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solver.
- Must obtain Epic certification within 3 months of initial class and maintain New Version Training.
- Must hold a current license in a healthcare profession (i.e. nursing, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, physical/occupational/speech therapy, radiology technology).
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.