NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Social Worker.
In this role, the successful candidate will provide psychosocial assessment and counseling services, including discharge planning, to patients as assigned by the Department of Social Work.
- Participates in interdisciplinary planning and unit/based interdepartmental meetings when requested.
- Conducts orientation patient/family groups, educating and/or elaborating on information about diagnosis, treatment, options for post-hospital care, etc.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff or staff transferring to a new assignment. When qualified (i.e., three years post-graduate, SIFI eligible) provides supervision to social work interns.
- Prepares statistical documentation of work in assigned areas.Demonstrates skill in presentation of psychosocial information in interdisciplinary rounds, meetings and Rusk evaluation conferences.
- Is competent to care for patients of all age groups.Regularly participates in individual/group supervision.
- Assists in ensuring that patients receive services in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures through review of medical records.
- Performs clinical duties in an independent manner, with appropriate use of supervision.
- Documents all social work activities in a timely manner according to departmental protocols.
- Mobilizes community agencies and other support networks in the interest of patients/families.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary information and recommendations into social work treatment plan and promotes timely post-hospital/ discharge planning in the interest of patients/families.
- Partnering with Care Manager to ensure effective throughput.
- Provides timely and effective psychosocial assessment and evaluations as required. Uses clinical knowledge of psychosocial dynamics and interviewing techniques to gather social history, define problems and develop a relevant treatment plan.
To qualify you must have a Master's Degree in social work, or its equivalent (e.g. a higher degree from a social work program that is registered by the New York State Education Department as qualifying for licensure), from a recognized college or university program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) New York State licensure as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or a New York Education Department-issued limited permit.
Required Licenses: Licensed Social Worker - NYS
Previous experience in a hospital or health-related organization
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.