NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager, EpicCare Application.
This position is accountable to their Manager and/or Director for delegation and oversight of deliverables and completion of tasks as assigned. This position is also responsible for facilitation of integrated processes and workflow changes across the enterprise, and to optimize the software. This position will actively engage in ensuring consistent standards and efficiency across the system, as well as provides effective business and operational guidance and support. This position demonstrates a significant level of expertise in integrated workflows and build to assist and mentor the analysts on the team.
- Participate in disaster recovery measures.
- Contributes to annual performance reviews.
- Meet frequently with analyst team
- Provide support to internal and external customers.
- Facilitate the identification, documentation, research, and resolution of project and related project issues.
- Ensure the test scripts have been created, reviewed, and updated to reflect proposed workflow solutions.
- Collaborate with other application leads and project managers to ensure processes and other technical solutions are effectively integrated.
- Lead and participate in the development, review and delivery of project deliverables identified in the project plan.
- Support the Director in managing day-to-day activities of the team against scope and timeline, and ensures timely reporting of activities to the project managers.
- Work with the project leadership team to develop and maintain work plans, and status reporting for the Epic Integration projects.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication among the project tracks, teams, and users.
- Work with appropriate parties to identify change implications, target audiences and messaging techniques.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in business or IT, and at least five years of related work experience.
- Epic certification in lead application required.
- Healthcare experience is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced analytical skills and experience implementing Epic applications.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good process design experience.
- Demonstrate ability in staff mentoring and adherence to process standards around documentation and workflow design.
- Basic project management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, manage project plan).
- Ability to lead discovery initiatives to identify appropriate system solutions.
- Additional workflow certifications preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.