The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Waxer Stripper in the Environmental Services Department. To qualify a High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred. Must be able to speak, and understand simple directions In English. The ability to stand, bend, lift heavy objects, push, pull and operate heavy equipment with or without the use of assistive devices. Prior experience operating a scrubbing machine preferred.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing special cleaning procedures (carpet care, and hard floor care) to areas throughout the Medical Center. Special procedures are total finishing removal, re-coating, carpet shampooing, extracting, scrubbing, operation of automated/ride-on equipment, etc. Performs other duties as assigned including but not limited to: moving furniture, strips bed linens, cleans refrigerators etc. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Operates cleaning machines in the performance of duties. Maintains equipment in clean and working order. Reports broken equipment to the Supervisor promptly. Operates equipment correctly, following safety guidelines.
- Coordinates the operation of a power floor machine to ensure its safe use. If applicable, uses automated battery operated equipment (ride on scrubber) in a safe manner. Ensures that safety procedures are followed to avoid accidents to patients, visitors, and staff. Follows established infection control and safety guidelines on an ongoing basis.
- Removes floor finish build-up with a scrubbing machine, re-applies floor finish, cleans baseboards and kick plate. Burnishes floor using the right color pad and machine. Removes floor finish build-up with a scrubbing machine according to standard operating guidelines. Burnishes floors using floor restorer product and hi-speed burnishing machinery. Cleans baseboards and kick plates with an appropriate solution. Moves furniture/equipment in an out of rooms on a continuous basis. Puts furniture back in its proper location.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.