We have an opening for aFull Time Case Manager to work at our employer health centerlocated inTopeka, KS!
*Occupational Health experience preferred*
*Experienced Case Manager preferred, but open to candidiate willing to get certified.*
*RN or LPN license strongly preferred *
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provides clinical, casework, and group work services by performing the duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assesses the coordination and access to needed medical, psychiatric, social, educational, and other services essential for meeting the health needs of the individual
- Coordinates assessment, treatment planning, and return to work processes with the employee, providers, and employer
- Assesses and evaluates cases and prepares and implements treatment and case management plans
- Counsels clients, assisting them to identify and resolve problems and make effective use of resources
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with other community providers to develop specialized services as required
- May perform duties telephonically as well as conducting on-site visits
- Acts as liaison between client employees, providers, and agency or institution
- Assists clients in finding ways of adjusting to changes in physical capabilities that will allow for a life/work style as comfortable as the situation will permit.
- Provides consultation to staff on specific cases
- Prepares and maintains written case records, reports, and forms, performs case follow-up and closing, and performs other administrative tasks as required
- Other duties may be assigned
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Associates' degree (A.D.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Certified Insurance Rehabilitation Specialist (CIRS), Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS), or Registered Nurse with certification in Rehab (CRRN), Case Management (CCM) or Occupational Health (COHN/COHN-S) (Preferred)
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Field case managers must maintain a valid state driver's license
- Current certification in ARC or AHA Basic Life Support required
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records (Preferred)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requirements as set forth in the specific contract for the site may include working flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends. Travel for training may occasionally be required.