Executive, Client Acquisition
Corporate Financial Services
We are currently looking for an experienced Corporate Banker to join our established Client Acquisition team in Melbourne CBD.
ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS:
Corporate Financial Services (CFS) is part of our Business and Private Banking (B&PB). The CFS team serves over 10,000 clients in the medium to large business segment, typically with complex financial needs and turnover >$10m. The division is well placed to provide medium and large companies with access to a wide range of financial services with approximately 750 professionals in approx. 35 locations across Australia.
The Client Acquisition (CA) team is the new-to-bank business development group within CFS. CA's focus is on Medium to Large private companies and Publicly Listed entities with turnover up to $500m.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will be at the forefront of business origination and deal execution, specialising in mid-market corporate clients. You will be instrumental in driving our direction and harnessing valuable client partnerships, business relationships and new-to-bank opportunities.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
As an Executive reporting to the Head of the Client Acquisition Team, you will have:
- a proven track record of high performance;
- an established record in origination of new clients in the mid-market (t/o $20m to $500m) across diversified industries;
- a strong established network, and business development skills to leverage that;
- demonstrated technical proficiency in recourse and non-recourse senior debt solutions >$15m;
- developed negotiation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels;
- strong project management and transaction execution skills;
- the ability to build strong internal relationships with stakeholders;
- professional presentation and strong influencing skills;
- a strong work ethic, with a CAN do attitude and driven to succeed; and
- comprehensive understanding of the corporate banking product suite.
Please note: This role does not involve portfolio management and focuses on origination only.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes on 20 January, so expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank