The Commonwealth Bank brand is the most recognised brand in the Australian financial services industry.
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people's financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations.
Portfolio and Market Risk Management (PMRM) is part of the Group Centre Risk Management team and as such provides Group-wide risk management services.
The Traded Market Risk team provide Line 2 Oversight of Trading Book, Residual Value and Equity Investments, and support the collection of market data and positions for the measurement of credit and market risk exposures that feed regulatory and economic capital.
The primary purpose of this role:
Reporting to the General Manager, Traded Market Risk, PMRM, you will be responsible for leading the Line 2 product coverage team responsible for independent market risk management oversight of the Global Commodities operations in Sydney, Singapore, London and New York. This includes Agricultural Commodities, Metals & Mining, and Energy trading desks.
More specifically your main duties will include:
- Ensuring full risk transparency through the identification, capture, understanding, measurement and monitoring of all Traded Market Risk within the Global Commodities trading books;
- Exhibit first class commercial acumen when making decisions in relation to transactions and new product approval;
- Ensure that market risk management regulatory requirements are met;
- Explain daily P&L movements in reference to market movements to potentially identify unusual P&L activity;
- Maintain and enhance the effectiveness of PMRM's governance framework and control environment;
- Challenge the business for consistency of activity when compared against risk appetite and strategy;
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the business on regulatory change and competitor activity;
- Provide timely and insightful risk reporting and analytics;
- Leadership of a team including coaching, mentoring and talent development; and
- Supporting the General Manager in senior management forums and active participation in the Traded Market Risk Leadership Team.
You will have a keen interest in financial markets and will have 10+ years' experience in management/oversight of traded Commodity risk (either Line 1 or 2); have an awareness of industry conditions and the competitive and regulatory landscape impacting capital markets businesses; demonstrate capability to make risk decisions independently with full consideration of commercial, customer and risk impacts; have well developed stakeholder and customer management skills; are able to communicate your thoughts and ideas using written and verbal techniques and are able to lead a team to drive business outcomes.
We offer you the opportunity to expand your career surrounded by a skilled and successful group of individuals. Our remuneration packages are highly competitive and you will have access to a range of exclusive and exciting benefits.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.