Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Taking an active part in all aspects of the REMM investment process: (i) Screening; (ii) due diligence review; (iii) evaluation; (iv) selection; (v) investment monitoring.
- Maintaining the various investment pipelines.
- Participating in fund management meetings, reporting and valuation reviews.
- Making sure that the document retrieval system is robustly maintained, particularly contact information, document storage and data capture.
- Supporting marketing activity by: (i) Creating marketing materials; (ii) undertaking data analysis; (iii) creating PowerPoint presentations; (iv) preparing fund documents.
- Assisting team colleagues with ideas regarding new data sources, investment themes, analytical processes, etc.
Key Performance Indicators
- All service targets met or exceeded.
- All external and internal risk, compliance and legal standards met.
- Issues actively managed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Positive feedback from clients, consultants, and other internal customers and stakeholders.
- Quality and timeliness of reports, research etc., delivered
- Development of good working relations and effective collaboration with colleagues. Risk / Compliance / Governance / Etc
- Risk reporting and escalating operational, financial and regulatory risk issues as identified.
- Complying with the appropriate regulator's compliance requirements.
- Adhering to Aviva Investors' business standards.
- Completing (at least annually) the Code of Ethics attestation.
- Completing (at least annually) the Compliance Manual attestation.
- Completion all "Mandatory" and "Required" training and competence activity as set out in this role profile.
- Adhering at all times to the Aviva Information Classification and Protection Policy.
- Operating within an environment of good control and governance.
- Having a strong grasp of the regulatory, legal and business risk implications of opportunities and decisions.
- Maintaining any necessary professional memberships / authorisations including CPD.
Standards and Governance
- Making sure that any policies owned by you are appropriate, effectively communicated, embedded, regularly reviewed and monitored for compliance.
- Making sure that any committees chaired by you have adequate resources and deliver against their terms of reference.
- Either a relevant degree (economics, finance, accounting or related discipline) or able to demonstrate a suitable depth of intellectual rigour and maturity.
Experience & Skills / Knowledge
- Previous experience working in asset management, real estate investment or similar would be advantageous.
- Any relevant understanding of accounting concepts, financial statements, risk measurement metrics or risk elements related to REMM would be beneficial.
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly in respect of valuations, Microsoft Excel, accounting concepts, etc.
- A good functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Resourceful in undertaking research, using a wide range of sources.
- Able to effectively prioritise tasks to make the best use of available time.
- A clear and concise communicator in both written and oral forms.
- A curious and challenging mind, open to new ideas and solutions
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity