Work for the business as a Vice President in the Strategic Planning function for North American Banking Division supporting Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, Acquisition Finance and Syndicated Finance lines of business reporting to Managing Director, Head of Strategic Planning.
Performs, coordinates and manages all or part of (depending on the level) the following functions as part of Front Office (with minimal supervision);
- Aid in the design and implementation of an improved data repository, financial controls model and business analysis tools
- Work as a project manager to implement CRM system, BIA tools and new business initiatives
- Aid in the preparation of business development strategies, ranging from high level financial planning to day-to-day marketing support.
- Manage the process of developing, creating and upgrading managerial accounting reports and customer database – often required to source, extract and manipulate data from several systems inside/outside of the bank.
- Perform whatever ad hoc task that does not fall into others' job description.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the business in the improvement in data repository, financial controls and analytics
- Manage (with minimal support) regular and ad hoc inquiries by Management, Head Office and other divisions.
- Formulate and provide presentation of business strategy and specific initiatives for business development with senior management.
- Facilitate Executive Leadership Team management of the division through creation of value added reporting
- Participate in the enhancement and improvement of infrastructure, data and management information system
- Bring discipline and accountability to oversee projects representing the business point of view and tracking against project deliverables and timelines
- Partner with technology, compliance, planning and consultants to coordinate project objectives
3) Policy: (e.g. responsible for review and or drafting policy and procedures)
- Understand Mizuho policies and procedures including portfolio objectives and lending guidelines
- Adhere to legal and regulatory guidelines in promoting banks products and services
- Manage the procedures/compliance issues in the organization, as well as take initiatives in building/upgrading existing
4) Technical Skills:
- Strong business, analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Excel, MS Access, Microsoft Project (or similar) and Powerpoint
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
5) Management Responsibilities:
- Work with other groups within the NAB division, Mizuho NY, and Head Office.
- Ability to communicate with and present ideas to senior management and bankers
- Must be able to take a leadership role and be a team player in a professional manner
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
All or part of (depending on the level) the following is required:
- MBA, MS or BA degree (finance, business or accounting)
- 10+years experience in a financial institution, including financial planning responsibilities
- Very strong MS-Excel skills. MS-Access is preferable.
- Willingness to do anything
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with limited supervision.
- Superior oral/written communication skills and effective negotiating abilities
- Excellent knowledge of corporate finance, capital markets and financial services
- Tolerance and understanding in multi cultures.
- Open office - collaborative team environment
- Overtime and after hours work expected
NOTE: This Job Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Additionally, the contents of this Job Description may be modified or expanded by the Bank over time.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.