Attorney Technology Manager
The Training Coordinator is primarily responsible for delivering quality training and service to attorneys, staff, and other Firm end users. The Training Coordinator will perform Firm-wide training for on-boarding new employees. The Training Coordinator will assess computer training needs, develop and manage instructional materials to meet those needs and provide users with the necessary technology training to function in their jobs through the delivery of one-on-one and/or classroom instruction, in-person or remote. The Training Coordinator handles curriculum development and user guides. The Training Coordinator will conduct assessments for training needs via survey, interview, participant evaluation or general observation and plan, coordinate, schedule and present regular courses for employees to refresh or improve their skills (with the goal of increasing employee productivity and performance). The Training Coordinator will be required to travel amongst the Firm’s three offices (Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington D.C.), after or before regular business hours. In addition, the Training Coordinator may need to provide training services at a trial site.
SPECIFIC RECURRING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and train all new hires on software and hardware used by the Firm.
- Prepare, plan, and organize course materials, communications, and provide training courses to attorneys, staff, and other Firm end users on existing core applications, and new product rollouts.
- Provide technology support services to staff, attorneys, and other Firm end users.
- Manage Summer Associate program – schedule, assist with outline development, and train Summer Associates.
- Liaise with managers and attorneys to assess individual and/or group training needs, providing feedback, recommendations, and follow-up support for further training.
- Assist on special technology projects as assigned by attorneys and/or Management.
- Provide Firm-wide training in accordance with the needs of the Firm.
SPECIFIC DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for scheduling training sessions.
- Maintain high visibility by providing desk-side coaching and ad hoc floor support.
- Offer just-in-time training to legal professionals designed to improve their practices.
- Provide concierge level end-user support as required.
- Participate in hands on quality assurance testing of new applications/software.
- Create, write, and develop training materials, documents, guides, and/or tips for Firm-wide use.
- Manage Learning Management System (LMS) content, track and provide reporting on usage, and develop and assign learning plans in accordance with the needs of the Firm.
- Conduct specialized training workshops to raise technical proficiency of staff, attorneys, and other Firm end-users.
- Conduct regular training workshops to reduce call volume into the Firm’s Help Desk.
- Maintain current understanding of legal technology trends and training techniques.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all Firm core software/technology.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all Firm and departmental policies, processes, and/or procedures.
- Address training needs of other administrative departments in real-time.
- Design distance learning and Computer Based Training modules, as appropriate.
- Proactively research and recommend technical solutions that may benefit the Firm.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop training curriculum for core applications, used on occasion, by attorneys, secretaries and other administrative departments including the support unit (Help Desk).
- Design course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals, and exercises.
Teamwork and Cooperation: Treats others with respect; works well with others; asks for help when necessary; willing to share credit; avoids pointing fingers or assigning blame; volunteers to help others when available to do so; empathetic to others.
Communication: Communicates clearly and appropriately with adequate frequency and tools; understands the need for regular, timely and high quality communication; listens actively and asks appropriate questions; understands the message.
Flexibility: Adapts to changing conditions; willing to do something new/different; open to change; accepting of differences.
Problem Solving: Seeks solutions to problems; proposes creative and effective solutions to problems; examines underlying cause of problems when seeking a solution.
Service Focus: Desires to help or serve those requesting service to meet their needs, responsive and available when needed, proactively anticipates needs and expectations and acts accordingly to support the success of the Firm.
Self-Development: Uses constructive feedback to improve; learns from mistakes; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; attends available training; shows interest in improving self; proactively looks for opportunities to gain experience in a range of responsibilities.
Organization and Time Management: Orderly in approach to work; able to plan and execute work effectively and accurately; tracks and follows through on requests; maintains a well-organized and clean work area; prioritizes and understands urgency; able to be punctual and prepared; manages multiple tasks simultaneously.
Composure: Understands what triggers emotions and uses that knowledge to maintain a professional presence.
Analytical Thinking: Works systematically and logically to analyze information, identify causation and anticipate results. Investigates issues by drawing on own experience and knowledge and calls on other resources as necessary
Integrity: Deals with ethical issues appropriately. Acts in a way that is consistent with Firm values.