All Lines Technology is seeing a Network Administrator. Your role will be to manage and adjust internal computer software systems and network connections to guarantee high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. You will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Coordinate with relevant business units to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Deploy workstations, servers, printers, networking equipment, firewalls, and all host security applications.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant), make recommendations, and execute them as required.
- Manage company communications, including email, PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, video conferencing systems, workstations, and mobile connectivity to and from the WAN, LAN, and WLANs
- Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices and compliance.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, and access rights in accordance with company policies.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Conduct testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and backup systems.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance through various SNMP and vendor based tools.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors and contractors to secure products and services in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system/network administration and their appropriate use.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience with server operating systems support specific to Windows and UNIX/LINUX
- 3+ years of experience with installing and managing VMware Enterprise including Performance tuning, capacity planning, and managing DRS enabled clusters of ESXi hosts. Nexus 1000V experience a plus
- Extensive application support experience with Exchange 2010, SQL 2005/2008, Terminal Services, current versions of Microsoft Windows, and desktop imaging and deployment.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, CIFS/NFS sharing and windows scripting.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network protocols and standards, including MPLS, OSPF/BGP routing, vlans, QoS, VoIP, and TCP/IP
- Cisco experience and certifications preferred.
- Hands-on experience designing, installing, and troubleshooting cabling and wiring systems.
- Ability to research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting, and systems upgrade recommendations.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with SAN/NAS/DAS storage provisioning and troubleshooting a plus
- Knowledge of PCI compliance a plus.