All Lines/LANtek is seeking a Level III IT Analyst who is responsible for assisting in the monitoring and maintaining of our managed services system, and day to day activities of the datacenters.
Duties and characteristics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support to business end-users for help with various issues, such as: installing, configuring and troubleshooting application software (from Microsoft and/or 3rd party vendors); LAN/WAN/ Internet connectivity; virus removal; remote access; and setup of smart phones.
- Provide clear and constructive communication when working with users with varying levels of technical abilities to most efficiently resolve issues or concerns.
- Lead and develop professional employees by setting team direction, resolving problems and providing mentorship in the skills, know-how, and processes (associated with running the data center facility) to less experienced staff members and new employees.
- Responsible for providing remote escalated service and support to our clients, via telephone, email and remote control, address issues as outlined by the applicable SLA’s.
- Personable, honest & hard-working individual, who can work on a team and independently.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to accurately document and report on assigned tasks.
- Respond to escalated alerts, such as: failed backups, low disk space, virus issues and more. Installation, management, configuration and troubleshooting software on servers, desktops and laptops.
- Management, configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls/security appliances.
- Provide additional support to fellow Analysts.
- Ensure real time information related to client systems, setups, and services are up to date and accurate.
- Assist in identifying, documenting, and implementing process and procedural changes necessary to make the Operations team more efficient.
- Strong time management skills are essential; ability to keep to a schedule, make tight deadlines, work timely.
- Participate in auditing and documenting hardware and software inventories.
- Provide project and routine support to Datacenter Coordinator.
- A two-year or four-year degree is desired
- Network administration
- User & Computer account administration
- Security and permissions
- Group Policies
- Network-based antivirus software
- Firewall security appliances
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2008 and Windows 8/7
- Citrix XenServer/XenApp/XenDesktop
- VMware vSphere
- Fujitsu/DELL/HP Servers/Desktops and Laptops
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013/Office 365
- Brocade Networking
- HP Networking
- Microsoft Terminal Services
- Storage Craft Shadow Protect and Image Manager
- Webroot Secure Anywhere
- WatchGuard Firewalls
- Palo Alto Security Appliances
- Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Network Area Storage (NAS)
- Solarwinds N-Able or other RMM software
- Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 certifications are desired Microsoft technical certifications for this position.
- An applicant with strong work experience who has relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of said degrees.
Other certifications that are desired/helpful include the following:
- CompTIA A+ and Network+
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA) or Professional (VCP)
- Citrix Certified Associate (CCA-V) or Citrix Certified Professional (CCP-V)
- WatchGuard Fireware Essentials Certified
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE).