The American College of Radiology, the leading membership and advocacy organization for the radiology profession, seeks an Intranet, Internal Communications Manager to join the ACR's Education and Marketing department.
We have an excellent opportunity for someone who is comfortable working in a high-profile, creative role within an organization, is experienced in best intranet practices and has strong project management and creative writing skills. Located in Reston, VA., our healthcare organization offers a flexible work schedule and telework options. Responsibilities include:
Intranet Site Management
• Manage the overall user experience and engagement; content consistency and effectiveness; ongoing training of site contributors and daily coordination with key stakeholders, so that the new intranet becomes a valued resource in their daily work and supports our culture of collaboration.
• Oversee the integration of department-specific information and tools. Coordinate the efforts of departmental content creators to ensure the consistency of look and messaging.
• Provide training and support departmental intranet group owners across the enterprise in maintaining active communities, effective tools and engaging content.
• Understand the technology, serve as effective liaison with vendors
• Manage the home page content and navigation to maintain a proper balance; write and edit engaging content for home page and other pages, as needed. Monitor (and edit as needed) user-generated content for appropriateness and consistency.
• Collaborate with web designer for consistent and effective visual design
• Monitor site analytics and report quarterly on Key Performance Indicators
• Oversee creative content development and proper use of cross-channels for the effective internal communication (e.g., intranet, email, social media, presentations) of official company news and new initiatives
• Work closely with key departmental stakeholders to support their needs and involve them in future planning
• Manage the quality and delivery of all official communications to ensure cohesive messaging, adhering to our editorial standards and brand guidelines
• Provide project management expertise, and develop and execute content for programs
Qualifications and Experience
• 7+ years of relevant communications experience; including intranet and UX experience
• Strong creative editing, writing and proofing skills
• Strong organizational written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent project management skills, able to manage multiple projects/programs simultaneously
• A track record as someone who “gets things done,” and “listens and leads”
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• High level of professional integrity
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
To put your experience and creativity to great use in a professional and team-oriented environment, please apply online by clicking on the link below:
ACR offers competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package including a defined contribution pension plan, 403B, paid vacation, paid personal days, paid holidays and sick days, all major insurances – life, health, dental, prescription, AD&D, short and long term disability, long term care insurance, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement, wellness benefit, a business casual/people friendly work environment and more! The American College of Radiology is a government contractor and is committed to the hiring of qualified Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, women and minorities for all locations including Reston, VA; Washington, D.C.; Silver Spring, MD; and Philadelphia, PA.
The American College of Radiology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veterans, genetic information, and sexual orientation.