|Required Qualifications: |
- Some college level coursework including 15 quarter or 10 semester hours in accounting
- Experience working with financial data
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Computer skills:
- MS Word: Ability to create, format, edit, preview, print and save documents; use standard functions to select, edit, copy, paste, format and spell check
- MS Excel: Ability to create, modify, print, and format spreadsheets and work with basic formulas and functions
- Outlook: Ability to compose, send and respond to electronic email and utilize functions such as calendars and meeting requests
- Ability to navigate the internet to find and download information
- Familiarity with and ability to use database software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively and be a team-oriented leader; work effectively across organizational lines and create and nurture a safe, bias-free working environment
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and educationally diverse populations
- Build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on team
- Demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall mission and goals of the College; accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work; earns trust, respect, and confidence from the College community
- Adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
Conditions of Employment:
- Must pass a criminal background records check
- Will be required to complete an accounting exam
|APPLICATION PROCESS: |
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Meet the required qualifications as outlined in this announcement
- Complete the online application profile at http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/dist/hr/
- Apply for the specific job opening
- Upload (attach) a cover letter that addresses how you meet the required and desired qualifications as outlined in this announcement. Be sure to provide specific examples to support your experience, training and/or skills (Cover Letter)
- Upload (attach) a detailed résumé (Résumé)
- Upload (attach) unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts (official transcripts are required prior to hire) (Transcripts)
- Upload (attach) a list of at least two current professional references with names, addresses, and telephone numbers (References)
Special Note: All application materials must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the deadline date
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) classified overtime exempt position with Pierce College. The primary work location will be at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom but occasional travel to Pierce College sites will occur. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekend work, and occasional travel as required. All positions may be subject to reassignment between campuses or sites.
Physical Work Environment:
This position is required to work indoors in an office environment.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service
Screening & Interview Process:
Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and meet the required qualifications will be considered. The most desirable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The starting salary range of this position is $3,062.00 - $3,287.00 per month. However, your paycheck is just part of the total compensation package. There is an outstanding benefits package which is worth an additional value equivalent to about 30% of your salary. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance. Life and long-term disability insurance plans; vacation, sick and personal leave; reduced tuition; and retirement benefits are also provided.
Conditions of Employment:
- Agency Shop: As a condition of employment, all classified employees are required to become a member of the Washington Public Employees Association and pay membership dues, or as a non-member pay an agency shop, non-association or representation fee within thirty calendar days after the date of hire.
- In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in that policy.
The Pierce College District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce College District are committed to providing equal opportunity and will not discriminate in terms and conditions of employment and personnel practices. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. For more information about this position or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following: Holly Gorski, Vice President for Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498(253) 964-6519Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Action Officer (253) 864-3229