This position is exempt from overtime.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Economic and Workforce Development, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and confidential duties for the Vice President. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support in the following areas: develop budget reports and monitor budgets, review budget requests from divisions, provide advice and information to divisions on workforce matters; maintain VP's calendar and provide email support; schedule and arrange meetings; and make travel arrangements.
In addition, responsibilities include institutional records management; coordinating departmental purchasing and contract administration; assistance with grant proposals, tracking and reporting of grants and external funding; maintaining workforce portals; handling of sensitive confidential materials and issues; facilitating the timely dissemination of information for the VP; and work cohesively as a member of the units leadership team; taking a proactive role ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the unit; and representing the VP as assigned.
Essential Functions/Typical Duties:
Budgets, Grants, Reports, and Records Retention:
- Maintain and monitor large complicated budgets and grants; assist with budget development and analysis
- Assist with grant and workforce presentations and site reviews
- Monitor program advisory committee requirements
- Serve as division records management officer
- Serve as liaison to Budget Office and Finance
- Review and/or prepare budget requests and provide advice and information; ensure accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate signature authority on expenditures; process requisitions and invoices
- Maintain the VP's calendar and make appointments; schedule and arrange meetings; and make room and catering reservations. Prepare and distribute agendas for meetings, attend meetings, prepare minutes and circulate minutes as assigned
- Make travel arrangements; complete and process travel requisitions and expense vouchers
- Screen, prioritize and distribute incoming mail
- Maintain workforce portals
- Act as liaison communicating on the VP's behalf with administrators, faculty, staff, SBCTC staff, and colleagues at other institutions
- Assist the VP in composing, preparing and transmitting confidential and sensitive information
- Research and prepare draft reports, policies, procedures, etc.
- Work with students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the campus; represent the college and the VP when interacting with visitors to the campus