We are seeking five Talent Managers to support Global Program teams and Operations at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. These teams include: Global Heath, Global Development, Global Policy & Advocacy, US Program and Operations. The Talent Manager will report to the Global Head of Talent Acquisition and Talent Management and will be a key member of the Gates Foundation’s Human Resources leadership team and will work closely with senior leadership of their designated program team and leadership across the foundation.
The Talent Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Create an integrated approach that is fully aligned with the program strategy. This will include design and delivery of consistent program, products, standards, and processes in the areas of succession planning, talent segmentation, talent assessment, workforce planning, diversity & inclusion, performance management, organizational culture and design.
• Lead the strategic planning process and is responsible for the following:
1.) Develop an integrated, forward-thinking talent strategy and the development of scalable Talent solutions to quickly fill short-term gaps, develop long-term capability, and reinforce culture shift.
2.) Implement a talent strategy designed to attract, develop and retain a high-performance workforce and to meet the diverse needs of the specific program area
• Develop talent solutions to:
1.) Target talent across different functions outside of the nonprofit sector, such as pharma, biotech, academia, consulting etc. through a well thought-out strategic, scalable approach to help the business identify its needs, when, and for how long.
2) Understand leadership requirements for senior management positions, build relationships with senior-level high-potential talent, and advise leadership and HR Partners in the implementation of strong development and succession plans for senior positions
• Talent Policies and Processes:
1.) Provide thought leadership to the organization with respect to talent development, succession planning, and recruitment best practices while ensuring practical business solutions with impact that can be measured.
2.) Partner with HR Business Partners and other HR Centers of Excellence
• Leadership/Building Relationships:
1.) Strong track record of excellent people leadership and developing effective teams
2.) Is an outstanding communicator who can communicate complex issues with clarity and articulates a compelling view of the future state while forging relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
3) Mentor and develop a small innovative, dynamic team of staff, search firms and outside research and sourcing, ensuring they develop against business demands and provide with rewarding career paths
• Outstanding talent management leader with experience within a large organization recognized for innovation and excellence in talent strategy, workforce planning, talent acquisition, and cultural transformation
• 15+ years of experience in human resources with at least five years building best-in-class talent programs in complex, international environments where strong alignment with multiple internal stakeholders is essential for success
• 2+ years of direct experience in executive recruitment (C level searches) and across a range of fields, including Global Health, Global Development, or related fields.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Prior experience working in a corporate environment and/or executive search firm
• Possess a deep understanding of how to re-design and execute a talent agenda in the face of competition and market disruption (e.g. entrance of mobile, social media, analytics, cloud)
• Works well in a matrixed environment where achieving buy-in through relationship building is critical
• Strong track record of people leadership and developing effective teams
• Demonstrates an analytical, logical, and practical approach to problem solving
• Ability to scale processes in a large-scale highly complex “hands on” organization
• Demonstrated ability to implement transformative business-oriented talent management strategies and is an outstanding communicator who can communicate complex issues with clarity and ease
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.