Founded as a Catholic university in 1887, Benedictine University is located in Lisle, Illinois just 25 miles west of Chicago, and has branch campuses in Springfield, Illinois and Mesa, Arizona.
Job Title: Director of Institutional Research
Department: University Planning and Research
Reports to: Executive Director of University Planning and Research
Position Summary: The Director of Institutional Research conducts institutional research and data analysis to assist campus leadership in the analysis of trends and understanding of outcomes as well as supporting the university-wide strategic planning process. The Director facilitates access to information maintained in Oracle PeopleSoft information system to support college operations and monitor key institutional indicators, ensuring the integrity of data/information released in reports or studies, and providing data analysis, reporting or research as needed to support institutional objectives. The Director of Institutional Research is responsible for the on-time and complete submission of all Federal, State and Institutional reports and campus survey administration. Additional responsibilities include oversight and completion of ongoing and special projects as directed by the Executive Director, University Planning and Research, active membership in the President’s Advisory Council, and collaboration with other University personnel to collect data concerning the performance of the University's offices, services, and programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop reports for use in planning, institutional effectiveness processes and in support of the university strategic plan including research into the feasibility of potential programs, economic impact studies, establishing trend data for the university, and using statistics to forecast enrollment trends for the purpose of budgetary planning.
- Design, develop, and conduct research studies for collecting, analyzing and reporting qualitative and quantitative information, including creation and implementation of analytical tools, measurement procedures, and data collection instruments
- Write and execute data queries to retrieve information from the database system; perform descriptive and inferential statistical calculations; design, develop and implement survey research, including survey instruments and questionnaires.
- Manage the college research agenda and establish research priorities including the compliance with and accurate submission of all regulatory reports to IPEDS, ILDS, IBHE, ISBE, HLC and other entities as required by the institution
- Lead the development of policies and procedures to help ensure that data retrieval housed in the PeopleSoft database is reliable and accurate. Ensure proper research analysis methods are utilized in presenting findings to university constituencies.
1) Knowledge of research design, data evaluation, and database management applicable to higher education institutional research.
2) Strong understanding of statistics, statistical applications, collection and correlation of data.
3) Experience in methods of planning and conducting studies and designing reports including strong organization and project management skills.
4) Effective oral and written presentation techniques with external and internal constituents.
1) Compile, organize and analyze data and prepare analytical reports and make recommendations.
2) Design experimental and correlational studies.
3) Review and maintain current research literature.
4) Communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
5) Use research related software programs such as SPSS, Access, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web design tools.