General Description*Note: Multiple positions available
The LAN Administrator is responsible for supporting and maintaining client endpoints (PC laptops/desktops, Apple laptops/desktops, tablets, mobile devices, and peripherals) primarily located on the regional Hopkins campuses using a portfolio of management tools and processed developed for the Hopkins enterprise.
This position will provide direct support for both clinical and administrative customers hardware and software issues pertaining to any of the device types previously mentioned. The incumbent will use all management tools that are available to the Hopkins PC support entities including SCCM, AD, Airwatch, BOMGAR, Casper, InTune and others. Generally, work is assigned based on Service Now incident management system or service request system in which case performance metrics are tracked and measured. In some cases, the position will participate in the execution of projects that affect a variable number of computers/customers in a given location ranging from a small department to an entire campus.
The responsibilities listed below are typical examples of the work performed by this position. Not all duties assigned to this position are included, nor is it expected that everyone in this position will be assigned every job responsibility.
ANALYSIS and DESIGN
- With direction and guidance, evaluate customer needs in the computing device environment (e.g., desktop, mobile devices, etc.) by meeting with the customer to gather information on business problems and recommend solutions for simple problems. Seek assistance for more complex problems.
- Install software utilities for computing device management such as printer setup utilities, font downloading utilities and batch files and for automated installation of software on computing devices by using established toolsets to improve total cost of ownership and customer service.
INSTALL, CONFIGURE, MAINTAIN
- Under guidance, deliver, move, and physically install all computing devices and related software including peripherals, operating systems, standard software and vendor software by following documented standards and procedures to provide equipment and service to the customers.
- Coordinate computing device life-cycle by maintaining device and software inventories, by performing preventive maintenance according to documentation and standards, and by repairing and replacing devices as needed to deliver service to the customers.
- Restore files using established procedures to ensure recovery in the event of file failure.
- Participate in disaster plans for equipment supported by attending meetings with technical team and customers to provide support in the event of a disaster.
- Participate in testing and provide results by following documentation and standards of the department to ensure stability of the environment for the customers.
- Gather information for creation and maintenance of user accounts/groups in domain/directory structure including network shared files and applications. Assist users in accessing their accounts and network resources.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems by following documentation and by using appropriate diagnostic tools to provide solutions to customer.
- Follow procedures for reported problems by using the appropriate incident management software for problem recording and resolution to provide documentation of the problem and its resolution.
- Keep current on supported technology to maintain knowledgebase and skills.
- Document and communicate department and/or organizational system updates, installations, etc to appropriate staff.
- As directed, provide input toward system, end user, training or support documentation for new, revised or existing systems.
- Provide technical support in the use of computing devices, software products and operations by responding to customers as needed.
- Complete service requests as assigned by meeting published Service Level Agreements and/or agreed to delivery dates to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with other Technology Analysts and areas responsible for implementing strategic initiatives by meeting with them on a regular basis to ensure that releases are kept current.
- Follow up on all feedback from customers by promptly meeting with them to ensure customer satisfaction.