School/Unit: School of Business
Department: daVinci Center
Purpose of Position:
This position will have undergraduate and graduate teaching responsibilities for the Undergraduate Certificates, the Masters in Product Innovation and VCU Innovate LLP. The position will support the center and living-learning program in its efforts of creating a university-wide mindset and culture that favors innovation and entrepreneurship among its student body.
Teaching responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses for VCU da Vinci Center's Undergraduate Certificates, Masters in Product Innovation and living/learning program VCU Innovate.
Assist in the development and implementation of general VCU da Vinci recruitment, admissions, orientation, assessment, and retention efforts. Identify innovation and entrepreneurial activities for student participation; oversee and monitor student service and co-curricular hours and assist with logistical support for engagement; assess student participation and progress in innovation and entrepreneurial activities.
Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- Terminal degree in either arts, business, or engineering, or the equivalent in
training and work experience that equates to an advance degree.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to provide high quality instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design thinking principles.
- Demonstrated ability to support students in a living learning community.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
- Experience with IDEO design principles and/or training programs
- Experience with innovation and entrepreneurship living learning programs.
- Experience mentoring and coaching student innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Experience with innovation and entrepreneurship based curriculum development.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.comVirginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.