Business Intelligence Administrator
Main Campus - Hilltop
The University of San Francisco is looking for a Business Intelligence Administrator to provide technical expertise in the setup, implementation, administration and maintenance of the business intelligence ecosystem and its associated applications and databases that support reporting and analytics for University business. The primary focus is supporting users and operational stability of business intelligence applications deployed at USF. The BI administrator is responsible for upgrades and patches to the business intelligence technologies ecosystem. This will include, but is not limited to, technologies such as database servers, application clients, and application servers as well as other business and reporting applications. The BI Administrator will actively participate in business analysis by collaborating with end users, project stakeholders, and support partners to identify needs, goals, and business models. The role is expected to combine business acumen, analytical and problem solving skills to synthesize and create solutions that satisfy the business needs.
Install, configure, upgrade, optimize, monitor and maintain Business Intelligence technology components, incl. but not limited to: Metadata layer, Data Visualization Tools, Reporting Databases, Online Forms and Reports, Cloud-based reporting and Application Servers.
Integrate, normalize and update data across sources and target systems/platforms.
Monitors and tunes reporting (i.e. non-transactional) databases to insure optimal performance and ensures proper security, integrity, and data recovery.
Manage the applications' users, groups, licenses and integration
Experiment with new features and enhancements when released, and bring them into the organization's BI ecosystem when validated.
Communicate and coordinate wide-scale upgrade deployments which includes upgrades to the applications, migration of content from old version to the new version and end user training.
Develop BI dashboards, data models and reports using tools such as metadata managers, data transformation tools and/or dashboard design tools.
Document and implement procedures for efficient operation of the Business Intelligence technology components.
Develop, maintain, and implement procedures to guarantee the accuracy, accessibility and responsiveness of the BI environment, ensuring optimal reporting performance and availability including the identification, analysis, and resolution of complex issues.
Provide assistance to report developers in the effective use of database query and programming languages.
Responsible for Extract-Transform-Loading (ETL) issues including loading data between disparate sources, data transformation, capacity planning, and new report and dashboard deployments.
Assess the current state and identify opportunities for improvement and best practice recommendations.
Maintain and validate automated scheduling system for report generation and distribution.
Maintain, patch and monitor performance of databases.
Setup query logging for troubleshooting query performance and apply cache management techniques to improve query performance.
Help in the definition, recommendation, and development of BI data standards, procedures, and architectures.
Assist with Business Intelligence or other technical product evaluations and recommendations.
Perform routine SQL code and table indexing reviews on reporting databases.
Participate in 247-production support on-call rotation.
Manage tasks and duties that align with project goals and timelines.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other computer-related field, or equivalent enterprise experience.
- 3+ years of BI administration experience supporting mission-critical services or related analytical and systems experience.
- 3+ years' experience of database administration (preferably Oracle).
- 2+ years' experience using ETL software tools.
- Experience in installation, deployment, or maintenance of computer applications in Unix/Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience implementing security profiles and role administration
- Strong understanding of both Structured Query Language (SQL) and PL/SQL.
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux shells scripting.
- Strong understanding of Windows system and services.
- Strong understanding of metrics and data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to perform in pressure situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to troubleshoot data synchronization and report generation issues.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a professional manner with an emphasis for service quality.
- Excellent documentation practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to express ideas concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical clients.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with Tableau Desktop and Server
- Experience with WebFOCUS Suite of tools and Server
- Experience with Salesforce reporting
- Experience with Informatica Cloud Data Engine Platform
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Experience with Operational Data Store, Data Marts, and Performance Management applications.
- Experience with data support for an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Strong understanding of ITIL standards and processes.
Job Open Date
Posted until Filled
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world's most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student's passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit www.usfca.edu.
The University is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. The University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual's race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For more information visit: http://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency