Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
The Department of Curriculum, Supervision, and Educational Leadership within the College of Education and Professional Studies at Central Washington University (CWU - Ellensburg, WA) invites applicants for an Assistant/Associate Professor beginning September 2017. We seek an individual who not only demonstrates a dedication to excellence in teaching at college/university level, but also a strong commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Candidates will teach primarily undergraduate courses in Education Foundations (introduction to education, methods, classroom management, assessment, multicultural education, educational technology, and educational law). It is anticipated much of the teaching load for the position will be in the area of multicultural education; however, the person filling this position must be prepared to teach most of the other foundation courses as well. Additional responsibilities include student advising, scholarly activity, participating in departmental program development and assessment, and professional service, including committee work.
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree (A.B.D. candidates will be considered) in a discipline related to the foundations of education.
- Experience and demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Evidence of teaching excellence at the post-secondary level
- Two years teaching or other work experience with children from diverse backgrounds
- Significant teaching experience at the PK-12 level
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
Commensurate with education and experience
| 9 Month, Full-time, Tenure-Track Appointment. This position will be stationed at the main campus in Ellensburg. Some travel to university centers may be required. Some instruction may be online and at the graduate level. |
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance.
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting, (c) detail how teaching, service and/or scholarship has supported students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in their academic fields (applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further CWU's commitment to diversity);
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Statement of prior teaching effectiveness (or, if no prior teaching experience, statement of teaching interest);
- Contact information for three professional references; and
- A copy of transcripts showing highest degree held.
NOTE: All job offers are contingent upon verification of highest degree held. Finalists will be required to submit official transcripts.
** Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Screening of applications will begin on March 1, 2017 and continue until a finalist is selected
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Ian Loverro
Title: Search Chair
Website: Curriculum, Supervision & Educational Leadership
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
The conditions of employment with Central Washington University are set forth in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Central Washington University and United Faculty of Central, University policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws.
The Collective Bargaining Agreement may be found here: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/faculty-contract/.