Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
Central Washington University's Apparel, Textiles and Merchandising program is seeking applications for a 9 month, tenure-track appointment with a September 2017 start date.
This faculty member will mentor and lead a diverse student body and teach undergraduate courses in the following areas: apparel manufacturing, merchandising, retail buying, history of fashion, basic clothing construction, Photoshop and Illustrator, and global perspectives of the apparel industry. In addition, the individual will be able to engage in curriculum development, provide support for program growth, recruit students throughout the calendar year, engage in research/creative endeavors related to the textiles, merchandising or design fields; contribute to advising; and provide service to the department, college, university and discipline.
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Master's degree or PhD in textiles and clothing or related field completed before September 16, 2017;
- An established record of excellent college-level teaching;
- Demonstrated research/creative scholarship that includes refereed publications, presentations, and/or design submissions;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience with advising and mentoring college students;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain positive collegial relationships within the program;
- Professional fashion industry experience; and
- A successful candidate will be able to teach coursework within all of the areas listed above.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
Commensurate with education and experience
| Full Time, Tenure-Track, 9 Month Appointment |
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance.
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A cover letter addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- Contact information for three professional references; and
- An online portfolio if available.
NOTE: All job offers are contingent upon verification of highest degree held. Finalists will be required to submit official transcripts.
** Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Screening of applications will begin on: January 30, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Andrea Eklund
Title: Search Committee Chair
Website: Apparel, Textiles and Merchandising
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
The conditions of employment with Central Washington University are set forth in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Central Washington University and United Faculty of Central, University policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws.
The Collective Bargaining Agreement may be found here: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/faculty-contract/.