The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Systems Training and Support Specialist.
The Systems Training and Support Specialist is a member of the Information Strategy and Analysis team and plays a key role in staff training, onboarding and orientation, and provides customer service and level-two support to end-users regarding use of the enterprise database and related technology systems for the Advancement Division.
The Systems Training and Support Specialist will create and deliver technical and systems training programs to the 200+ member Advancement Office user community in a classroom environment, one-on-one training and online, as well as coaching and training instructions provided to other Brown departments and staff who have access to the alumni database system and Brownâ??s 100,000+ alumni and volunteer community who interact with major Advancement web-based applications (BRAVO, eBASC, Alumni Directory, Volunteer Gateway, etc.). The incumbent carries out goals, policies, plans and standards for computing training, designs curricula, creates user guides and manuals and evaluates effectiveness of training programs. Course and instruction material for the user and alumni community are developed, delivered and kept current with changing system requirements.
The Systems Training and Support Specialist will regularly communicate with a variety of end-users across campus and should exhibit professional and diplomatic interpersonal skills and be comfortable speaking, writing and presenting to individuals and large groups. The incumbent will be expected to fully understand and relay information and business processes related to primary functions encompassing the work of the Advancement Division, including knowledge of fundraising, prospect development, stewardship, special events, record and gift management, digital communications, etc.
- Bachelorâ??s degree and 3 to 5 years relevant experience or the equivalent. Demonstrated competencies in technical and systems training, curricula design and documentation, online training software/technologies, etc.
- Preference given to candidates with development / fundraising systems background and knowledge. Experience in a higher education Advancement environment highly desirable.
- Experience with a broad range of hardware and software and high level of computer proficiency required. Must have working knowledge of the Window environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) as well as expert knowledge, mastery and fluency with relational database systems (fundraising or sales systems preferred) querying and reporting tools, basic HTML and statistical software, online training software, mobile devices and applications.
- Advanced knowledge of ISPs, Network Servers and HTLM/CSS design is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and training skills required with an ability to work effectively with a variety of end-user skill levels.
- Must demonstrate ability to write and present information clearly, in formal and informal settings to impart understanding of complex systems and process to a wide diversity of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, yet function in a collaborative team environment, exhibiting self-reliance, dependability, trustworthiness, good listening skills, and an ability to form effective working partnerships with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, to solve problems and to meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional manner, exhibiting excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrating tact and diplomacy working with a wide variety of personalities.
- High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion; proven ability to apply good judgment and responsible decision-making.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-08-30-07:00
Job Posting Title:Systems Training and Support Specialist
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.