The Office of University Communications at Brown has an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital and offset print production professional to successfully manage the day-to-day operations, personnel, and financial stability of our off-campus print services facility located in Providence, RI. â??Representing the internal production facility as an expert in digital and conventional print media strategy and production. Effectively managing all aspects of production, safety, and maintenance at the facility. Ensuring prompt and economical receipt of needed materials and supplies, and producing on time quality finished products that meet or exceed requirements.
Reporting to the Director, the Digital Print Facility Manager will work closely with cross-functional team members and clients on the internal prepress and print production of materials, including on demand and variable data printing. Providing strategic guidance and insight on producing cost effective and quality driven print media that is in line with the overall goals, and in compliance with the Brown Visual Identity Policy. Staying up to date with the evolving print industry and in-plant trends is able to provide strategic guidance to the Director on capability improvements, savings and growth opportunities.
Responsible for overall customer satisfaction; promoting cross-functional teamwork and collaboration; financial and production data reporting; on-time delivery scheduling and tracking; quality control; color management; monitoring actual operating costs and ensuring competitive pricing; maintaining efficient workflows and continuous improvement efforts; equipment maintenance; inventory control; web to print and conventional order processing via MIS; external supplier management and invoicing; meeting all OSHA and Brown EHS requirements; providing high-quality services and products within prepress, print and bindery production, shipping and receiving.
The ideal candidate is well versed in the printing industry and prepress, highly organized, and can effectively manage and motivate staff in a deadline driven environment. Handle multiple tasks and responsibilities in a professional and proactive manner, while bridging the distance of an offsite facility with effective communication and flexibility.
- BA or equivalent combination of 10 years relevant experience in printing industry
- Strong managerial skills that create an engaged employee environment
- 5+ years experience with day-to-day transactional print production operations
- 5+ years experience in financial management, preferably in the print industry
- In depth knowledge of digital and conventional printing
- Experience with bindery operations and equipment
- Experience with OSHA regulations as they pertain to a print production facility
- In depth knowledge of prepress functions is a plus
- Experience with on demand and variable data printing (VDP) is preferred
- Experience with Color Management systems, readings and protocols
- Technical knowledge of rips, servers, software, MAC and Windows OS is a plus
- Knowledge of MIS and Web-to-Print solutions
- Sound judgment and keen business acumen that includes strategic thinking
- Ability to effectively challenge the status quo, embrace and lead change, and champion continuous improvement
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly flexible and detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, to oversee multiple projects, and able to respond quickly to exigencies
- Maintains a positive and collaborative approach with a high level of integrity
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly effective listening and conflict resolution skills
- Embraces a diverse and inclusive culture
Background check - Criminal and Education
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-06-08:00
Job Posting Title:Manager, Digital Print Facility
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.