Pay Grade: 39
Job Summary/Essential Job Functions:
The Educational Tech Specialist facilitates and supports the use of technologies for instructional, research, professional service, and administrative activities and assigned areas in UTHSC College of Nursing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluates, edits, maintains, and coordinates publishing digital content on the UTHSC web site and official social media channels for the assigned areas in the College of Nursing using the UTHSC Content Management System.
2. Coordinates with Information Technology and Communications and Marketing for the assigned areas to ensure content accuracy, site functionality, and compliance with standards using a content management system.
3. Develops materials for on-line recruitment; maintain social media sites for recruitment.
4. Maintains design and layout of the Intranet for the College; maintains content on the streaming server.
5. Develops databases for college evaluations and organizational use.
6. Promotes and serves as the College resource for use of innovative teaching and learning technologies.
7. Assists faculty in developing orientation and course content materials using appropriate instructional technologies (i.e., web, Blackboard, Adobe Presenter, streaming audio/video).
8. Serves as Videographer; operates audio/video equipment to develop media for courses and promotional content.
9. Investigates, tests, recommends and implements new educational technologies.
10. Designs, develops and maintains relevant educational technology training for faculty, staff and students.
11. Analyzes trends and possible alterations in curricular design.
12. Performs other duties as required.