NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Medical Assistant (35).
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for assisting physicians and nurses in providing patient care. Assists other healthcare professionals with exams and minor office procedures. Obtains vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiratory rate, height and weight and documents appropriately. Maintains supply inventory in exam rooms; cleans and sterilizes equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares any necessary equipment required, in advance for examination by physicians and/or health care personnel.
- Applies principles of infection control as outlined in infection control manual in the performance of patient care.
- Maintain cooperative and professional relationships with physicians, nurses and office and clinical staff in person and on the phone. Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Assures completion of patient charge slips/encounter forms per policy.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of patient space, restocks supplies, linen, trays and instruments as needed.Notifies supervisor of any shortage of any supplies and linens.
- May take laboratory specimens, including blood work, as needed.
- Prepares patients for physical exams, procedures and treatments. Assists physician and health care personnel with examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Maintains patient flow to and from exam/treatment area and to other areas as needed.
- Ensures medical record availability and completeness.
- Demonstrates skill in obtaining vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiratory rate, height and weight and documents appropriately.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited institution
Prior medical assisting in an orthopedic or sports medicine setting
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.