NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate The primary function of the FGP Analyst is to provide high level analytical and operational support to the site Director and Faculty Group Practice to assist in achieving financial and operational goals of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Assist in troubleshooting institutional issues as they relate to the FGP. Keep up on Legislative and Industry changes that may effect the manner in which we conduct business.
- OPERATIONS & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Assist in performance of operational assessments of existing practices. Assist in the preparation of business plans for new practices and/or lines of business. Assist in the preparation of presentations on any of the above topics for departmental administrators, chairs, School and Hospital Administration, or the physicians within the FGP. Assist in the development and preparation of ad hoc reports on specific issues to help practice managers and physicians make decisions.
- MANAGED CARE:Attend meetings withpayers as required.Assist in theresolution of payerclaims issues.Evaluate payerreimbursement levelsto assist the BusinessAdministrator andNYU Managed Care tosecure enhancedrates.
- REIMBURSEMENTMANAGEMENT: Assistin the design ofreports and data filesto be requested of allbilling vendors. Workwith billing companiesto obtain data files forad hoc reports.Identify and resolveany inaccuracies inbilling reports. Underthe direction of theAdministrativePractice Manager,review billing reportsto identify and correctadverse trends.Attend monthlymeetings with billingstaff and physiciansas directed by theBusinessAdministrator.
- FINANCE: Reviewfinancial reports ofpractices (Billingreports, e-finance,daily deposit sheets).and analyze Profit &Loss Statements thataccurately display thecondition of thepractice. Preparemonthly Scorecardsand other reportingtools. Identify andcorrect errors in thepayroll andaccounting systems.Assist preparation ofFY Budgets. Prepareother analyticalreports to identifyopportunities forrevenueenhancement. Providesupport for otherprojects as needed.
- INTERPERSONAL: Atthe request of the FGPBusinessAdministrators,represent the FGP atdepartment meetingsand act as liaison withoutside agencies(billing companies,vendors, etc).Collaborate with otherFGP Analysts toenhance the overallsupport servicesprovided to thedepartment throughthe design anddevelopment of newtools.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree (preferably in finance, accounting, economics or other business or healthcare related major).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, or similar programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.