The Director of Campus Recreation is responsible for the overall vision, strategic planning, assessment, administration and operation of a Campus Recreation program that provides programs in intramural sports, aquatics, fitness, sport clubs, informal recreation, outdoor recreation and special events for the university campus. When time and resources allow some services are provided to surrounding community.
* Operate and oversee multiple facilities including the Student Recreational Facility (96,000 sq. ft.), Elam Center (145,845 sq. ft.), Skyhawk Fieldhouse (72,017 sq. ft.), along with various outdoor recreation areas that includes intramural fields, 10 tennis courts, 1.5 mile fitness trail and track which serves the needs of students, faculty, staff and guests of the University.
* Direct the strategic planning process for Campus Recreation: establish the vision and direction for the organization, make decisions on administrative or operational matters, lead the development and implementation of short term and long-term plans consistent with a strategic plan to ensure mission effectiveness.
* Develop and implement policy, manage human resources, deliver quality services, assess programs and services, serve as advocate for diversity and inclusion, aid in student development, insure adherence to health and safety requirements, manage buildings and their maintenance, develop programs, direct intramural and club sports, outdoor adventure, fitness and wellness programs, schedule facilities and rentals, negotiate contracts, and manage all financial operations associated with the department and the facilities.
* Plan, design, influence and implement Campus Recreation programs and services.
* Provide vision planning and professional leadership for a program comprised of 7 full time employees and approximately 120 student employees who provide recreational programs and services to the university and surrounding community.
* Serve as a liaison with the Athletic Department and the Health and Human Performance Department along with multiple departments throughout the university