The University of Tennessee at Martin invites applications for the position of director of the Paul Meek Library, an executive/administrative, tenure-track position with faculty status. The library director reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills, exhibit a clear vision and commitment to librarianship, articulate and advocate the Library's and University's strategic directions, provide sound fiscal management, and promote a collaborative environment within the Library, across campus, and throughout the community.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
* Advocates the Library as the center of academic life on the campus and as a resource to the campus community, region, and state.
* Determines Library outcomes that support the University's strategic plan, core academic curriculum, outreach for equitable access to resources, and the promotion of information literacy and librarianship within the campus community, region, and state.
* Prepares, administers, and oversees the Library's budgets and endowments, with particular emphasis on collection development, faculty/staff development, and evolving technological needs.
* Supports the University in all SACSCOC and other accreditation efforts.
* Leads and coordinates the diverse range of twenty-six library staff and faculty personnel in their cooperative efforts to develop collections that support academic programs and promote information literacy across the curriculum.
* Provides support for the scholarly activity of faculty librarians.