*A cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Research Associate, Teacher Education Assessment works on the ongoing development, implementation, and maintenance of systems that provide access to ongoing data about the department and its programs, with particular emphasis on addressing state and national accreditation requirements.
- Works with the faculty Assessment Coordinator to manage teacher education assessment and reporting efforts for the department.
- Serves as a member of the department Assessment Committee and works with faculty to develop and validate assessment surveys.
- Conducts training workshops for both faculty and students in use of assessment system.
- Manages the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data pertinent to teacher candidate performance in order to meet state and national assessment and accreditation requirements.
- Disseminates other assessment analyses and results and responds to ad hoc data or assessment requests as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date with and informs department of technological trends and innovations within teacher education assessment.
- Serves as key contact with TaskStream, vendor for the electronic platform that serves as the framework in collecting candidate performance data used to meet state and national accreditation standards and processes.
- Serves as key contact with Education Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA), a national teacher performance assessment system required of all licensure candidates.
- Assists with development and implementation of tracking systems for undergraduate and graduate field experiences.
- Conducts statistical research studies (one-time or continuous) to track teacher education data, including recruitment and retention.
- Contributes to departmental and university service.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Master’s degree in education, educational psychology, or a closely related field with a focus in assessment and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge in quantitative and qualitative research design, assessment strategies and instruments, data collection methodologies, and analysis strategies.
- Proven skill using Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and working with a variety of electronic data bases.
- Evidence of strong organization and project management skills.
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of TaskStream and/or edTPA electronic assessment system will be an advantage.
- Experience with assessment and evaluation, or statistics, or teacher education.
- Experience in higher education.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Responsible for own work only.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.