Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival
July 16-30, 2017
The Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival, 2-weeks of study-performance opportunities in all art forms, encourages both personal growth and arts appreciation regardless of level of accomplishment. Approximately 1,000 people register and participate with over 100 guest artists; workshops in music, visual arts, literary arts, theatre arts, culinary arts, dance and healing arts with dozens of performances.
FSAF’s mission is to provide highly qualified guest artists who offer multidisciplinary study and performance opportunities that increase both personal growth and arts appreciation to all participants.
Overview of events:
In 2016, the Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival presented over 110 performances/events; 16 free lunchtime concerts; 23 evening concerts; 7 daytime concerts; 65 outreach events; 191 workshops including 63 mini-workshops.
FSAF’s outreach includes ensembles and visual artists teaching and performing in Salcha, Delta, Kenny Lake, Bethal, Akiak, Hooper Bay, Tanana, Nenana, Healy and Denali National Park. In addition to these tours, Festival presents outreach events in and around the Greater Fairbanks Area in human service areas as well as publicly accessible venues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for equipment needs setup and strike for 200 + workshops and 100 + performances in our 30 + venues for the 120 guest artists
- Responsible for set-up and strike requirements. Ensure that work crews are scheduled and complete operations.
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule
- Involved in scheduling via remote communications prior to Festival
- Ensure FSAF’s plans of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded
- Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedure
- Supervising, scheduling and motivating FSAF Crew