Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is one of two universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. The University boasts seven colleges--William G. Rohrer College of Business, Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering and colleges of Communications and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics. Rowan has been recognized as one of the Top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked 3rd among public institutions in the North by US News & World Report.
Reporting to the Director of Network and Security Operations, the Network Administrator position serves as a subject matter expert and primary engineer in the design, implementation and support of the Rowan University network infrastructure. This specific position will have the role of supporting the Rowan University network infrastructure across three geographically diverse campuses comprised of over one hundred buildings and three hundred acres.
The position level and pay rate will be based on experience and qualifications. All applicants meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
· Participate in the planning, implementation and maintenance of the University network including hardware, software and upgrades
· Create and maintain system documentation, operational procedures, architectural documentation and hardware / software inventory
· Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the University network
· Rapidly deploy approved fixes in response to newly identified stability and security threats
· Proactively monitor systems and alerts, using industry recognized tools to avert troublesome trends as they develop to ensure a stable production environment
· Plan and implement system changes and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability
· Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards
· Provide reports and metrics as needed to support requirements analysis and growth planning
· Participate in compliance activities that include log collection, analysis and reporting
· Participate in the organization?s change management process
· Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve system issues, documenting problem resolutions
· Provide 24x7 on-call systems support
· Respond to escalated system support calls, resolve assigned tickets and document resolutions
About Network and System Services:
Rowan University?s department of Network and System Services is responsible for the end-to-end management of all University owned networks, servers and workstations. This currently includes approximately 1600 Aruba wireless access points, 800 Cisco edge switches, Cisco core networking equipment and several firewalls supporting all academic and administrative units within the University.
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
· Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent education. Years of experience may be substituted for education on a year by year basis
· At least four (4) years of position related experience
· Solid understanding of Ethernet networking, TCP/IP, and wireless networks using 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
· Understanding of industry best practices surrounding proper maintenance and support of a 24x7 network infrastructure
· Strong analytical problem solving skills
· Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Professional business demeanor
· 4+ years of experience with Cisco network equipment including Catalyst 6509E, 3750, and 3560 switches or comparable Cisco models
· 4+ years of experience supporting Cisco or equivalent firewalls
· 4+ years of experience supporting a wireless network using 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
· Experience with Aruba wireless infrastructure
· Experience creating predictive wireless surveys
· Valid CWNA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator) Certification
· 4+ years of experience with Cisco network equipment including Catalyst 6509E, 3750, and 3560 switches or comparable Cisco models.
· 4+ years of experience supporting Cisco ASA firewalls
· 4+ years of experience supporting a wireless network using 802.11a/b/g/n
· 4+ years of experience with IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
· Valid Cisco CCNA or Higher Certification
· Valid Aruba ACMA and/or ACMP CertificationThe deadline to apply to this job is 1/25/17.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.