We are currently accepting applications for an internship with our Capital Projects Division. Capital Projects Division interns perform tasks and assist in the area of project development, project delivery, project management, and engineering. Under the general supervision of the Senior Engineer, interns assist with the duties and responsibilities listed below, which are characteristic of the range of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position, and are not intended to be a comprehensive listing. Internships are paid and can be combined with general research opportunities or research towards a thesis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Aid the Capital Projects team in providing project delivery support for and oversight of the project sponsors. Project sponsors are partners or grantees responsible for implementing large capital projects and select programs within the Transportation Authority’s Program of Projects. Project delivery support includes, but not limited to:
»» Develop cost estimate
»» Conduct cost comparison
»» Analyze project cost
»» Update project schedule
• Aid the Capital Projects team in providing technical input on capital projects to support development and updates of the Countywide Transportation Plan, other Transportation Authority and Outside Agency Studies and programming.
• Assists the Capital Projects team in managing other capital project studies.
• Assists the Capital Projects team in developing meeting agendas and generating meeting minutes.
• Assist other sections, such as the planning and modeling team in providing project development support and analysis.
• Preparing materials for presentations and meetings.
•Provide support in the development of Request for Information (RFI), Request for Qualification (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP).
• Aid in the development of Project Management Information System.
• Perform related duties as required and assigned.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (indicating where you saw this job posted, the earliest date you can start, and the number of hours a week you are available—minimum 30, maximum 40) via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (415.522.4829), or mail:
San Francisco County Transportation Authority
Attn: Human Resources (Capital Projects Internship)
1455 Market St., 22nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Please submit your application by Monday, February 06, 2017 for assured consideration.
Sorry, but we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for internship positions.