POSITION: Investment Operations Associate
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer, Investment Office
ORGANIZATION: Williams College Investment Office
LOCATION: Boston, Massachusetts
Established in 1793 with funds bequeathed by Colonel Ephraim Williams, Williams College is private, residential, and liberal arts, with graduate programs in the history of art and in development economics and is based in Williamstown, MA. Williamstown is located in the Berkshires in northwestern Massachusetts, 135 miles from Boston and 165 miles from New York City. The undergraduate enrollment is approximately 2,000 students.
The Williams College Investment Office, based in Boston, manages the College's $2.4 billion endowment. The endowment plays a major role in supporting the operations of the College.
Williams College seeks a skilled investment operations professional for the position of Investment Operations Associate, a key member of the Williams College Investment Office team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The Investment Operations Associate will have responsibilities associated with portfolio operations, accounting, and reporting; monitoring cash activity; the Investment Office operating budget; investment manager operational due diligence; and other duties. The following is a summary of representative responsibilities.
- Portfolio Operations:
- Assist with the operational aspects of the portfolio
- Assist with all accounting processes including the monthly close
- Portfolio Reporting & Analysis:
- Review of monthly performance reports
- Monitor accounting and performance calculations
- Cash Activity & Analysis:
- Monitor cash activity
- Maintain and reconcile the cash ledger with daily reconciliation
- Assist Investment Staff with the cash aspects of rebalancing
- Investment Office Budget:
- Prepare monthly budget reports
- Assist with annual audit
- Conduct an annual review of all portfolio investment financial statements
- Operational Due Diligence:
- Assist with operational due diligence at Williams' third-party investment managers
- Other Responsibilities:
- Complete Quarterly and Annual Surveys pertaining to the endowment
Other projects and responsibilities will be added from time to time.
The position is located in Boston, Massachusetts and may require travel.
The following is a summary of characteristics of the ideal candidate.
- 5+ years experience in accounting and/or investment operations
- Previous asset management experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- High level of professional maturity, integrity, judgment and discretion
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple complex tasks with a focus on detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Pro-active self-starter
- Team-oriented and comfortable working in a small office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting or finance.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All inquiries and resumes with cover letters should be sent, in confidence, to:
Williams College Investment Office
31 St. James Avenue, Suite 730
Boston, MA 02116
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive.