Description of Position
This position develops and provides accurate and timely financial and statistical information for the Facilities Management Energy Systems (Energy) unit. The position gathers, organizes, analyzes, graphs and presents data regarding the University’s energy generation, distribution, and consumption.
• Review and verify monthly utilities invoices received for payment, and identify and resolve irregularities.
• Prepare monthly utility billing for internal utility customers and external customers.
• Key contact with U&E for researching and resolving billing and metering questions for Steam and Chilled Water.
• Update the allocation of utility bills as required by the Internal Budget Model annually.
• Record relevant data from outside sources into database or spreadsheet format for reporting and budgeting purposes.
• Track and perform analysis on fuel costs and other variable utilities cost components.
• Input, verify and maintain monthly financial data
• Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly energy reports.
• Assist with the development of the annual budget and utility forecasts.
• Prepare data for annual UBIT reporting.
• Collect raw data from various internal and external sources. Analyze and interpret collected data (e.g., electric, steam, and water consumption and demand, weather measurements). Input the data into mathematical and/or statistical models developed using SAS, Crystal, Business Intelligence, Access, or Excel software. Create and maintain spreadsheets, updates graphical representations of data, and present information via email, meetings, and/or oral presentations.
• Analyze and prepare information to answer customer questions regarding energy consumption and costs.
• Produce ad-hoc reports as needed using Crystal Reports or other financial reporting tools.
• Perform miscellaneous projects generated by internal departments addressing operational and departmental energy issues.
• Create and enter Journal Entries into PeopleSoft.
• Assist with Facilities Management budget process, including ad hoc reports and data entry.
Essential Functions of the Position
Financial reporting and analysis skills, ability to understand databases and produce standard monthly reports and ad hoc reports