About the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University is a premier institution for management education. Founded in 1908 and based just outside of Chicago, Kellogg is home to a renowned, research-based faculty and the best and brightest MBA students from around the world.
Global business education is different today because of the teamwork and collaboration models that Kellogg pioneered 40 years ago. And, in the 21st century, Kellogg is truly a different voice in management education: We believe business can be bravely led, passionately collaborative and world changing. At Kellogg, we are educating, equipping and inspiring leaders to excel in today's complex Collaboration Economy. As a global community, Kellogg welcomes and embraces diverse perspectives that together enrich learning. Kellogg students learn to build strong organizations that drive value creation in markets, harness the architectures of collaboration, deftly navigate between the private and public sectors, and innovate in the marketplace at firms large and small.
- Our world-class faculty are recognized thought leaders whose teaching and cutting-edge research change how the world thinks about complex problems affecting business and society.
- The school's powerful global alumni network is 54,000-strong, comprised of true Kellogg leaders who lead top organizations.
About the Kellogg Global Hub
Located on the western shores of Lake Michigan in the heart of Northwestern University's Evanston campus, the Kellogg Global Hub is a 425,000 square foot newly constructed building housing the Kellogg Full Time MBA program along with faculty, staff and student interacting departments. Facility is a state of the art.
The Manager Scheduling Systems oversee Global Hub facility wide scheduling system of record including system training and modification, communications with system vendor support, and analysis to maximize and improve system performance. Manage scheduling as an independent entity in support of multiple key Kellogg business units Appraise all schedule requests for Kellogg events and NU events including requests from Presidents office, Provost Office, Executive VP and Board of Trustee event planners, conferences, and academic meetings in consideration of Kellogg space usage guidelines. Partner with Associate Director of Facilities, Records and Registration, Event Planning and other key stakeholders in creating, developing and disseminating protocol for schedule requests and approvals. Approve and confirm requests according to the service level agreement for scheduling. Assign, detail and edit requests as needed in order to support Kellogg’s mission and optimize space and resource utilization while avoiding conflicts. Generate detailed confirmations and invoices using automated systems. Ensure accurate and timely accounting functions. Manage related correspondence for clients and users on a timely basis. Provide daily and weekly reports/resources for building wide and departmental operation needs.
Please note: Some long hours when an event is running. Shared workspace may be assigned.
- Direct review and confirmation process of scheduling requests from many different constituencies. Forecast demand and allocate classrooms and function spaces. Assign and schedule services from multiple support departments.
- Partner with Associate Director of Facilities to create, draft, modify and enforce scheduling service level agreement.
- Responsible for key decision making using service level guidelines to approve requests and assign space accordingly.
- Oversee planning communications and scheduling for keynote Kellogg events hosted by the Dean and Senior Leadership.
- Schedule dining and function space for Northwestern University high level events involving the NU President, Provost, Executive Vice President and Board of Trustees.
- Manage short and long term scheduling reports and internal building schedule.
- Mediate conflicts over room reservations for faculty and senior administrators
- Meet to review dates with EMBA academic affairs and Exec Ed marketing.
- Configure and manage scheduling systems for space and resources. Oversee facility wide system implementation and train users at various access levels in system use. Promote building wide adoption of system of record. Interface with software vendors to modify and improve systems. Evaluate workflow in efforts to improve workflow efficiencies.
- Support reliably with excellent customer service many constituents including but not limited to Kellogg Dean's Office, Faculty, Alumni Relations, Development, Career Management Center, Student Affairs, and other Kellogg and NU academic departments and centers.
- Develop and manage service orders and invoicing process within scheduling systems of record. Manage and modify pricing and inventory in system. Operate billing process and provide auditing and tracking as needed.
- Monitor schedule in short and long term periodic reviews. Brief and notify key Global Hub constituents of key dates, holidays, shutdowns, potential conflicts or errors. Report regularly on use of space and resources and other related data with key Kellogg constituents making changes as needed.
- Confirm and support various NU/Kellogg departments to schedule events and conferences yearly with some exceeding 300 people.
- Work closely with Foodservice provider and Conference Services to ensure seamless delivery of programs and conferences.
- Run queries and analyze room usage and class schedule data to optimize room and seat utilization. Calculate utilization rates and patterns, identify gaps and areas of waste and propose calibrations to attrition policy as needed to balance against tangible costs of allocated goods and services.
- Provide administrative support and coordination for facilities operations including work orders, tracking and coordination of vendor services and delivery of seamless services for the building.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Scheduling or event management experience.
- Experience in customer service delivery.
- Experience in customer service with internal and external users.
- Experience in leadership and management of teams and projects.
- Experience serving on small and large teams.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and analyze data.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, appointment programs,
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously required. Must be able to work independently. Project a professional demeanor and be proactive about identifying and resolving potential problems.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform well in a multi-task environment; demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other team members.
- High degree of sensitivity and tact in communication to students, staff and faculty.
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively with faculty and administrative staff members across Kellogg and to arrive at common solutions with a high degree of professionalism; ability to influence team members by positive example of team building and team spirit.
- Demonstrated efficiency and initiative.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically in-person, over the telephone and via written correspondence.
- BA; Extensive event scheduling software or property management system experience.
- Experience in event management or hotel management.
- Experience in invoicing and accounting.
- Familiar with Kellogg-NU event management systems, familiar with a University environment.
- Experience working with event scheduling systems and invoicing. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Experience in rolling out new systems to a mature organization.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.