The reporting specialist positon is responsible for ongoing reporting support for HR/Payroll Shared Services. This positon also supports customers outside of HR/Payroll Shared Services with complex reporting needs. Examples of the units include Benefits Operation Center, Benefits Service Center, JHU tax office, Health System HR offices, Health System benefit office and International office etc. This position plays a critical role in maintaining HR Data integrity and prevent payroll errors for 3 payroll areas including semimonthly, biweekly and weekly. This position will utilize various reporting tools and SAP ABAP programming to monitor HR, Benefit and Payroll data for operational, administrative and quality assurance purposes. This position also serves as a functional expert for HR/Payroll Shared Service. This position also provides support for ESS (Employee Self Service), BW Analysis and System upgrade testing.
The candidate for this position must be team oriented, have strong technical competencies and outstanding analytical and problem solving skills. The ability to maintain confidentiality, multi task and meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Serve as SAP reporting expert and functional expert for HR/Payroll Shared Services.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools including BW Analysis, Query Manager and SAP Info set Query.
- Build and code queries using ABAP programming in Query Manager.
- Conduct routine audits of various payroll, HR or Benefits records/files to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and ad hoc reporting to ensure data integrity.
- Serve as liaison with information systems team in resolving configuration and related problems and/or implementing functionality changes. Assist with testing new SAP functionality or changes (wage types, infotype and configuration changes).
- Monitor benefit eligibility compared SAP Benefit Master Data.
- Support upgrades, support pack testing, new hospital integrations and other projects as assigned.
- Provide support for BW Analysis including customer service, troubleshooting, upgrade, enhancement, testing and training.
- Assist management with establishing and improving upon defined HR/Payroll procedures and processing methods to efficiently and accurately meet production and performance goals.
- Responsible for creating a work environment that maintains confidentiality.
- Participate in quality assurance reviews and quality control monitoring efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.