The Research Assistant will conduct experiments examining the molecular mechanisms of cell-cell communication using genetic, cell biological and molecular techniques. This person will assist in the development of several large scale genomic assays built around quantifying RNA species for two distinct projects: a mutational screen and novel RNA species discovery. The Research Assistant will work closely with senior staff to carry out experiments as well as provide technical assistance, and perform experiments according to established laboratory protocols.
- Bachelor degree on biology, biochemistry, genetics of related field
- Undergraduate research experience with previous experience working in a laboratory setting
- Relevant coursework and basic knowledge of laboratory approaches and techniques in the areas of Molecular, Cell Biology and Biochemistry
- Strong computer skills with preferably some experience using laboratory data programs
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to be observant and self-motivated
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers
- Ability to complete accurate records and follow detailed instructions
- Must work with radioisotopes and some hazardous chemicals
- Must be able to sit at microscope for extended periods of time
Criminal background and education check required
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-05-08:00
Job Posting Title:Research Assistant
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.