The Biostatistician will participate independently and as a member of a research team in the design, conduct, and analysis of CSS clinical trials under the direction of faculty and senior Biostatisticians. The Biostatistician will be responsible for programming efforts related to study monitoring and analysis, and may be asked to participate in writing efforts. The Biostatistician plays a key role in the development and production of study forms, data validations, query reports, and global study reports for clinical studies by providing statistical, programming, and clinical trials expertise. They will participant in Group-wide and study-specific conference calls, and in BDMC and CSS committees.
- Masters degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or Biometry. (A Masters degree in Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Applied Mathematics or related field may be sufficient if all appropriate statistical coursework has been completed, or combination of extensive statistical training and experience.)
- Experience implementing and familiarity with standard statistical techniques for clinical trials of diagnostic imaging, including testing for association, regression and survival analysis, basic study design, and methods for the analysis of diagnostic test accuracy studies. etc.
- Familiar with data maintenance and manipulation (variable creation, data checking, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time and learn complex technical concepts.
- Proficiency in a major statistical software package (SAS, Stata or S-Plus). Experience computing in both a Windows and UNIX environment is also desirable.
- 0-3 Years experience in Clinical Trials or Biomedical data analysis.
Background Check - Educational and criminal
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-05-08:00
Job Posting Title:Biostatistician
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.