Director of Graduate Business Recruitment and Admissions
Santa Clara University
Department: Business Grad Programs
Part Year: No
FLSA Status: Exempt
Standard Hours (hours per week): 40
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and implement the recruitment and admissions strategies for Graduate Business Programs. The Director position develops the recruitment strategy and oversees operations required for achieving admissions targets. These activities are expected to result in consistent enrollment of high-quality students and increased awareness of graduate business programs. There is budget oversight and supervisory responsibility of 1 full time employee and several student assistants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop recruitment strategy to meet application, admission, and yield targets for all programs (Evening MBA, Executive MBA, JD/MBA, and MS programs).
2. Develop and manage effective recruiting events on-campus and off-campus.
3. Utilize electronic media and other channels to reach prospective students.
4. Provide input into advertising plan specific to graduate business programs.
5. Partner with external relations and career management teams to develop sustainable sources of qualified students from the Silicon Valley business community.
6. Partner with program office team on ambassador program and admission interviews.B. Market analysis
1. Monitor and assess competitive graduate business programs.
2. Obtain and analyze admissions feedback from prospects, applicants, and admits.
3. Complete periodic profiling of new students by program.
4. Assess effectiveness of targeting strategies and communications channels for prospects and applicants.
5. Work with assistant dean of marketing and communications to revise website and online communications channels.C. Cohort Programs Recruitment and Admissions
1. Develop and implement recruitment plan specific to the Executive MBA program.
2. Establish prospect pools to ensure targets for quality and quantity are met or exceeded.
3. Implement communications plan to maintain contact with prospects, applicants, and admits.
4. Review applications and recommend admissions decisions.
5. Work with cohort programs director on smooth transition of students from admissions to academic support.D. Application Operations
1. Manage operations and admission staff.
2. Utilize social media applications as appropriate.
3. Manage all application procedures and incorporate best practices.
4. Review applications and render admission decisions.
5. Oversee applicant communication and service.
6. Ensure smooth transition to academic support team.
7. Serve as admissions PeopleSoft power user.
8. Interview MBA studentsE. Financial Aid
1. Facilitate and lead scholarship operations.
2. Work with Financial Aid and Bursars office to insure timely communication.
3. Effectively use funds to increase quality and quantity of students.
4. Work with associate dean in the allocation of student resources amongst facultyF. Strategy
5. Sits on the Sr. Assistant Deans leadership team and assists with weekly strategic meetings
6. Provides leadership and strategy for admissions and coordinates policies and procedures with the Sr. Assistant Dean.GENERAL GUIDELINES1. Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services.
2. Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices.
3. Maintains contact with customers and solicits feedback for improved services.
4. Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives.
5. Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
6. Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions.
7. Prepares and submits reports as requested and required.
8. Develops and implements guidelines to support the functions of the unit.
Provides Work Direction:
To one full time employee
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, SCU provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
May be required to travel to other buildings on the campus.
May be required to attend conference and training sessions within Bay Area or in- or out-of-state locations.
May be required to occasionally travel to outside customers, venders or suppliers.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typical office environment.
Mostly indoor office environment with windows.
Offices with equipment noise.
Offices with frequent interruptions.
Understanding and support of the Jesuit tradition of education and a commitment to the fundamental values of service to others, community and diversity.
Strong expertise in graduate business school recruiting and application operations.
Exceptional management experience and administrative skills.
Demonstrated interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communication skills.
Ability to manage complex processes and procedures with attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to exercise sound and appropriate judgment in a challenging work environment
Demonstrated ability to cultivate collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies.
Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree preferred
Minimum 5-7 years relevant work experience, preferable in higher education
Salary Information: Hiring Range: $2668.83 - $3137.67 semi-monthly
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://jobs.scu.edu
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in Californias Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus masters, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all masters universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is Californias oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency