| Cornell University is seeking a Kuali DevOps Administrator to help support our Financial system infrastructure. We run Kuali, an open source suite of applications built by higher education for higher education. The Kuali community is a strong consortium of institutions working together to build software to meet the special needs of Higher Education. Our Financial system has recently transitioned from on premise servers to Amazon Web Services (AWS), using Docker containers. The team has a strong DevOps philosophy with a focus on automation and immutable infrastructure.|
The Kuali DevOps Administrator will participate in installation/configuration, operation, integrity, monitoring and maintenance of Cornell's Financial System. This position is also responsible for ensuring end-to-end application stability of the entire application stack, including coordination and communication with other IT support groups.
The Kuali DevOps Administrator will participate in project lifecycle activities while building and maintaining excellent relationships with customers and colleagues. Must be able to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven, complex, and rapidly changing environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical abilities, and interpersonal skills are essential. Must be able to share knowledge with other team members.
The Kuali DevOps Administrator will also:
- Participate in installations and upgrades.Ensure all work is in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.Plan for upgrades and watch for impact of upgrades and changes to components applications are dependent on, responding to alerts and providing support after hours.
- Participate in technical research to enable continuing innovation.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational policies and practices.
- Review logs and application metrics for trends and patterns that require adjustments to software configurations and/or architecture.
- Consult on installation and configuration procedures.
- Participate in automation and monitoring efforts through the use of industry standard and CIT approved tools and techniques.
- Participate in troubleshooting initiatives and support the growth and sustainability of application environments
- Support application environments through technical analysis and design; and executing, testing, documenting, communicating and rolling-out solutions.
- Implement IT security consistent with organization security policy.
- Participate in backup strategy and disaster recovery planning.
- Influence enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Collaborate and consult with vendor support service groups.
- Participate in enterprise server migrations and virtualization efforts, building for scalability and redundancy.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience administrating complex application environments from investigation through product delivery and support, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Motivated, energetic self-starter comfortable in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to analyze requirements, propose solutions, work collaboratively to divide up work, and meet individual and team deadlines.
- Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic, deadline driven, complex, team-based environment with multiple competing priorities and rapidly changing environment.
- Able to assess and compare various alternatives and clearly communicate the trade-offs.
- Able to translate customer needs into technical recommendations and development plans.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience on a team co-developing and co-supporting software products.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to develop competence in new subject areas with little or no formal training or oversight, and continuously expand knowledge about technology and methods supportive of campus business processes.
- Experience in AWS and Docker as it relates to principles of infrastructure as code
- Experience with scripting languages such as Ruby, Perl, Python
- Experience with Tomcat, Spring and Struts
- Managing interactions and communications with clients, setting priorities, making deliverables, sharing progress news
- Understanding of web accessibility guidelines (e.g. Section 508 and WCAG 1.0), standards-based coding, and usability best practices in development
- Understanding of web security and best practices for developing secure systems
- Experience with Accounting and Financial Systems
- Experience or knowledge of Kuali framework
- Knowledge and experience of open source projects, technologies and tools
- Experience with code versioning, branching and release methodologies
- Experience in development, debugging and deployment of Java/J2EE systems and database design
- Experience with web application design and development, object oriented design and development, relational databases, testing strategies and source code management.
- Web services and service oriented architectures, object relational technologies (such as Hibernate, OJB, etc.)
- Estimating the impact of new requirements on applications
- Writing technical documents
- Working within a team based code review process
When applying through our system, please remember to attach your application materials (Resume/Cover Letter/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please click here as an external candidate or click here if you are an internal candidate. Please note: Cornell Employees must apply through the Internal Cornell Career site.
No Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
No relocation assistance is available for this position
University Job Title:Systems Administrator III
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Cyndi Morris
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-01-06-08:00