| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Case Management Center as a member of the Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation (CAIR), and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
The RN will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership in discharge planning and education, as well as consultation on resource utilization and management for patients followed by the Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation (CAIR) program.
- Facilitating and managing transition of patients across care settings to ensure safety and promote improved outcomes.
- Facilitating communication and collaboration among payors, providers and community agencies, both at the time of discharge and throughout the outpatient ambulatory experience, to meet the needs of patients/families and promote continuity of care.
- Evaluating level of care and duration of treatment plan and negotiating with payors, physicians and other providers regarding patient care and reimbursement requirements and options.
To qualify, you must have:
- A BSN; MSN preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of recent pediatric nursing experience.
- Case management experience and/or CCM certification, preferred.
The Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation (CAIR) is a multidisciplinary team (comprised of surgeons, gastroenterologists, advanced practice nurses, dietitians, a social worker, a speech language pathologist and a pharmacist) that is dedicated to pediatric intestinal failure patients and their families. The mission of CAIR is to provide excellent, innovative, family-centered care to this complex patient population both regionally and globally. Joining the CAIR program is an opportunity to be a part of the largest and most well-established intestinal rehabilitation program in the world.
The CAIR Nurse Case Manager will collaborate with all members of the multidisciplinary team to support the varied and complex needs of our patients as they discharge from the hospital into the home environment and then throughout the course of their long-term follow-up. This will involve supporting and sustaining education efforts, collaborating with home agencies to foster optimal care in the ambulatory sector, and assisting families gain and maintain access to appropriate resources and supplies.
As an academic medical center we also look to our Nurse Case Manager to participate in the development of cutting edge research and quality improvement projects to advance the field of intestinal failure and the care of our patients.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Patient Services-Patient Care Operations
Schedule: Mon 8am-2:30pm; Wed-Fri 8:39am-5:00pm
Standard Hours Per Week: 30