The mission of the BSU Wellness Center is to provide for all Bridgewater State University student services that will assist them in maintaining optimal physical and emotional health, by making available comprehensive high quality, easily accessible, cost effective care. BSU Health Services is committed to working collaboratively with students to assist them in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and enhance healthy attitudes and behaviors that will promote high-level wellness. Health Services will support students in their personal and academic development, consistent with the mission of Bridgewater State University.
This is a 12-month, Massachusetts licensed nurse practitioner position. This position provides clinical care and has prescription authority to treat college-age students and pediatric (minor) patients who are enrolled in programs at Bridgewater State University.
In the summer, June 15th – August 15th, and during K-12 vacations, this NP serves as the university health consultant.
This is an exempt, APA unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
1. Provide care of common health problems including general-medical, GU-GYN; provide prescriptions as necessary, athletic & employment physical exams, reproductive health, weight checks, and referrals. In addition to the essential duties;
2. Write prescriptions as dictated by license.
3. Give prevention and health education when appropriate.
4. Along with RNs provides walk-in treatment of patients.
5. Performs such other duties and responsibilities as the Clinical Director of Health Services, Senior Director of the Wellness Center may direct.
1. Update medical protocols and serve as the Health Consultant for summer, weekend and break programs, reviewing paperwork and arranging training of health supervisors (for each program).
2. Assess and treat minor illnesses and injuries; provide basic first aid.
3. Provide supervision and arrange training for health supervisors.
4. Dispense medications or supervise the health supervisors who dispense medications as prescribed in written doctor’s order with parental permission (signature).
5. Provide orientation and guidance to summer program staff in regards to illness and injury prevention.
6. Insure that programs have at least one person, who is with students at all times, who is trained in first aid, CPR and Epi-pen use.
7. Initiate emergency transports as needed.
8. Provide oversight, maintain accurate and timely log of first aid, accidents, and medication dispensing.
9. Keep the program director informed of all situations.
10. Cover or arrange call coverage as needed.
1. Massachusetts license as a pediatric or family nurse practitioner.
2. Must possess prescriptive authority.
1. Experience working with children
2. Camp or summer program experience
3. BLS certification
4. Strong verbal and written skills.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Salary Range: $68,000 - $73,000
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.