The position performs tasks related to the design, implementation, support/maintenance, and enhancement of NU's enterprise, vendor and in-house developed applications. This role documents functional requirements, analyzes requirements in the context of software and processes, develops and executes test plans, assists with and documents business process improvement efforts, and works with production issues. This role completes content, process, and procedures for technical and functional system work that is low in complexity.
- Participates with senior analysts, end users and peers to ensure that user requirements are gathered, analyzed, all gaps are documented, and all deliverables completed (adhering to approved methodology and documentation standards).
- Participates with functional users and technical staff to determine best approaches, ensuring that approved solutions are implemented in a timely and correct fashion.
- Handle annual renewal processes related to site license software and other TSS-managed vendor provided solutions, work with software VARs to update offering with latest term dates and file paths. Coordinate cross billing NU groups for shared annual service fees, Work with A&F to process vendor renewal invoicing. Confirm quarterly rebate checks from software VARs are received by NUIT-Admin & Finance, debited to NU account, paid via quarterly credit back process
- Contributes to the creation of accurate documentation of process, procedure, and system/application configuration.
- Provides input into the creation and maintenance of test scripts, implementation project plans, roll out communications and training materials.
- Identifies simple use cases.
- Provides input into test scripts and performs detailed testing for simple use cases to ensure that the implemented software functions correctly.
- Participates in iterative feedback processes among users, developers, and analysts to ensure software functionality aligns with requirements.
- Enters basic software configurations to meet user needs.
- Collaborates with technical, reporting and application resources to analyze and resolve basic production issues in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Success completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience
- No experience required.
- Familiarity in the following: PeopleSoft Financials/SCM (NU Financials), Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Box Collaborative Storage, Identity Management/Provisioning, Mac OS X Operating System, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Windows Operating System, Enterprise Directory Services, Troubleshooting, Use-case Analysis, Collaboration and Teamwork, Cost/benefit Analysis, Functional Documentation, Organizational Skills
- Past experience in university or highly-decentralized corporate environment is desirable, with career emphasis on planning and implementation of product launches.
- Past experience in processing vendor quotes to issue Purchase Orders and receive on vendor invoices to issue payment.
- Experience in the following areas: project management; system requirements writing, software testing; and system administration.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Hands-on administrative knowledge in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux environments.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge with MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Access, MS-Project, MS-Visio.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.